-My Fate Moves In-

Edd was sitting at his desk as usual, trying to do his homework. But really, he was doodling in the margins. His teachers would always give him zeros for this, but he didn't care.

He heard his mother call from downstairs.

"Edd! The new neighbors are here! At least try to say hello when you get the chance okay?"

Edd sighed. "Okay, sure!" There was obvious sarcasm in his voice. He did not like talking to strangers due to his serious social-anxiety.

He grabbed his headphones and started playing his favorite playlist. He hummed along while he quickly sketched against the edge of the paper, taking a break every few seconds to take a sip from his can of cola.

"Wow, a boy sure does love his cola." An unfamiliar voice said.

Edd looked around, frightened. His mom was downstairs, and his dad was away again. He looked at ringo, who was sitting calmly on his bed, slowly and swiftly waving his tail left and right with satisfaction.

"Ringo, your not messing with me right...?" Edd asked his cat, rubbing it's head softly. The cat purred silently.

A small laugh came from outside his window. He walked over and opened it. And there he was. A boy with ginger hair and clear, smooth caramel colored skin, sitting near his window.

He was wearing some dark blue shorts, a pastel pink turtle neck, and a sky blue overcoat.

Edd blinked.

What amazed him was his eyes. Both were a beautiful bright blue. They stood out more than any feature on his face. He must have had Waardenburg's Syndrome.

Edd shook his head, not realizing that he was staring.

"A-are you my new neighbor?" He asked, finally managing to get past his anxiety.

The boy smiled, resting his head in one of his palms, while his other arm laid flat on the rim of the window.

"Why yes, I am. Nice to meet you, Cola Boy. I'm Matt."

"C-cola boy? What? My name is Edd!" Edd blurted.

"Yeah, but Cola boy sounds better. You don't mind right?" Matt said, a grin growing on his face.

"I-I guess not...."

"Anyways, I moved in from another state. My parents are well known models so we always travel. They want me to follow in their footsteps but I refuse to. I'd rather focus on the stars, but, I'm not too bad to focus on either.~" He said laughing, as he pulled out a small make-up mirror out of his pocket and looked at himself.

Edd felt his face heating up. He scratched the back of his neck, unsure of what to say.

"And It has caught my attention....how do you see with all that hair covering your eyes?" Matt asked curiously.

It was a mystery. Even his mother wondered that. The small bangs in the front of his completely covered his eyes. He was always able to easily move it out of the way, but it didn't bother him much so he never got around to it.

"Well....I just see through the strands I guess...Y'know....?" Edd said, chuckling a little bit.

Matt opened his mouth to ask another question, but his mother soon called him down because his College tutor has arrived to start classes.

Matt frowned.

"I guess I'll talk to you later, Cola Boy."

"A-alright! I'll see you around Matt!" Edd gave an awkward smile as he lightly closed his window.

Matt closed his window and proceeded to walk downstairs.

Edd slid down against his wall. "Why is talking so hard..." He mumbled to himself as he clutched his chest, his heart still beating rapidly just from having a conversation.

--------------
This is basically just the story, but fixed a little with Eddmatt instead~ Please enjoy, I do have my unique ideas planned so pleas stay tuned for more!

Dear Starboy is originally made by saltiestblueberry, Please go check them out, they are really nice!~

(Art for this is coming soon hopefully??)