Chapter 10

Logan panted as he continued to run as fast as he possibly could, his feet hitting the sand in quick succession. He looked behind him to see how much progress he made, realizing he couldn't even see anyone anymore. He leaned down with his hands on his bent knees, trying to catch his breathe. As he was able to finally stop and get a handle on the situation, he then realized how much he screwed up.

"What did I do? What did I do? WHAT DID I JUST DO?!" Logan yelled in a panic, pacing back and forth. He couldn't believe what he just did. He kissed Louise? He thought he had more self- control than that.

'I can't even imagine how angry Louise must be right now,' Logan thought, ruffling his hair out of stress and fear.

All the kids and parents stood there, stunned. They all turned their head towards Louise, who remained still. She had an unidentifiable expression on her face, one that seemed almost emotionless. Gene and Tina looked at each other, both wondering what was going through Louise's head right now.

"L-Louise? Are you OK?" Gene asked, being as cautious as possible. He realized that she was probably shocked, upset, and, worst of all, angry.

Louise mouth then curled into a smile and her eyes dropped dreamily. Everyone looked confused at her sudden change of expression.

"Logan... kissed me," Louise said, continuing to look dreamily in the direction Logan ran away.

"Um... yeah," Tina said, scratching her head.

Louise sighed, her dopey smile getting bigger. "Logan likes me."

Gene and Tina looked at her and nodded her head. Then, Gene asked, "Do... you like him?"

Louise didn't look at Gene or make any acknowledgment that she heard him, but did say, "Logan's so sweet... and cute... and he has nice hair...,"

Bob and Linda looked at each other and laughed. "I guess that's a yes."

Gene and Tina then grabbed Louise's arms and began to run. "Come on, we have to find Logan!"

"... and has beautiful eyes... and has a nice hoodie...," Louise continued to list things, her face still looking dreamingly in the distance.

Daryl and Jimmy Jr then began to follow, yelling, "Wait for us!"

Zeke fist-bumped the air, shouting, "Woo-hoo! Let's kick it!"

Talia crossed her arms and held her head down. "Fine. I guess I'll come, too. Oskar, you coming?"

Oskar was just standing there, fiddling with his quad bike . "Sure," he said nonchalantly.

Bob and Linda watched the kids run to find Logan, smiling and hugging. "Isn't young love sweet?" Linda asked his husband. He then kissed her cheek and said, "It sure is."

Meanwhile, Logan was finally able to get to the mall that was near the beach house. He walked across the crowded parking lot, getting smirks as he walked past.

'Geez, how fast did me kissing Louise get to other people? I don't even know these people!' Logan thought to himself. He then looked down and realized he was still in his swimming trunks with no shirt on. He blushed, also realizing the swim trunks had duckies on them.

As continued to look embarrassed, he noticed a stressed-out man walking towards him. He had a box of clothes in his hands and a huge frown on his face.

"I can't believe they closed down my  shop. I sold the best hoodies in the entire mall!" he yelled towards the mall building. As he turned back around, he saw Logan and looked him up and down. He cringed and reached into his box to grab a hoodie in Logan's size.

He tossed the hoodie, along with a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, to him. "Here, put this on. It's on the house. Just stop embarrassing yourself."

Logan watched the man walk away, confused and grateful. He looked at his new outfit and ran into the mall to put it on.