Broken Boy: Don't Make The Wrong Choice

~Chapter 2/Edward’s P.O.V ~

“Esme…I’m sorry” I said putting my head down in shame “Edward tell me the truth” I didn’t reply “Edward I know things are hard on you but please tell me why you come home about 4 or 5 times in a week looking like you’ve been run over” I laughed coldly “Esme…I don’t get beaten up” I said “Edward I know you get beaten up!” she screamed “Look at yourself Edward and tell me what you see” she tugged my arm and stood me in front of the mirror, I looked at the emo boy standing in front of me. He…was a mess! His hair going in different directions, his lip cut, bruises on his face, his jumper falling off one shoulder. “What do you see Edward?”  She asked softly while moving the hair in front of my eyes away “I see…I see a helpless emo boy who is lonely and-” she cut me off “no Edward…that’s what you see…I see a young man who is going to do great things with his life someday…a boy who has just lost his way, and Edward I will help you find your way…I won’t let you be lost anymore” with that said, I burst into tears and let Esme comfort me.

-A few hours later-

I was lying on the couch with my head in Esme’s lap as she gently stroked my hair. She was watching one of the Interior designing programs and I was just staring at the ceiling thinking. “Esme, I’m home!” Alice said clearly overjoyed “in here dear” Esme answered averting her eyes from the TV to look at her daughter who stood smiling at the living room door. “How was your day dear?” Esme asked muting the volume on the TV “Great how was yours...wait a sec…aren’t you supposed to be at your afternoon class” she asked suspiciously “no sweetie, it got canceled due to plumbing issues” she replied sounding disappointed “oh…anyway guess who I brought…” Alice said getting even more excited, I didn’t even think it was possible for someone to get this excited “Bella…come in” Alice beckoned the girl who was supposedly called Bella. Then she walked in “Bella!” Esme called before rushing up to pull her into an embrace: causing me to fall flat on my face, I groaned. The girls giggled but I just shot them a glare, silencing them. “Oh sorry sweetie” Esme whispered embarrassed, while picking me up “its fine” I moaned “Oh Bella, this is my emo, brooding brother, Edward” Alice said pointing towards me while laughing “just go away Alice” I grumbled before leaving the room. She could be really annoying sometimes, I knew I shouldn’t have acted that way but I couldn’t help it. I walked back into my room and decided to just lie down, a few minutes later Bella walked into my room “sorry…I thought this was the bathroom” she said apologizing “does this look like the bathroom?” I snapped “no sorry” then Alice came in peeking her head over Bella shoulder “Edward she has to use your bathroom, the other ones are locked remember” yeah I remembered, mine and Alice’s bathrooms were the only ones who’s door wasn’t jammed “whatever” I grumbled, “thanks Edward” Alice said disappearing once again. I watched Bella as she slowly walked towards my bathroom and went it. I heard the lock click and the light footsteps of her in my bathroom: I closed my eyes trying to get some rest. A few minutes later my eyes shot open when I heard a yelp and a loud thud coming from my bathroom. I got up quickly and rushed towards the door “Bella…are you okay?” I asked “I’m f…fine” she croaked “are you sure?” I asked again putting my ear against the door to hear an answer, but there was none. “Bella…Bella!” I asked…no reply. I was beginning to get stressed out, I didn’t even know this girl but I was still worrying about her. I slammed my left side into the door and pushed it open. Bella lay there unconscious on the ground “Bella!” I gasped, I kneeled down beside her and cradled her head in my hands “Bella…wake up” I said louder while rubbing her arm…a few minutes later she began to wake up “Edward…” she whispered slowly, rubbing her eyes “Bella…what happened, are you okay?” I asked worry clearly showing on my face. “I’m sorry…I just…” she got up and looked down “Bella what happened?” I asked again, she laughed: the sound sending thrills through me “It’s nothing…I just faint when I see blood…” she trailed off. “Blood…where?” I asked. She pointed to the sink, I got up and walked towards the sink and noticed the blood-stained towel lying at the side of it…and a few drops leaking from it. I looked at my wrists and noticed that I had cut them quite deep, I sighed before turning back to Bella. “Bella…I’m so sorry, I didn’t realize…that…” I stopped mid sentence, what would I tell her? She glanced at me threw her lashes and I felt my breath catch in my throat “continue…” she whispered sweetly. “Nothing…I’m sorry” I said walking out, I felt a hand tug me and a soft breeze on my left wrist…she gasped again and I quickly pulled my sleeve down. “What…what happened to you?” she asked closing her eyes “nothing” I said “Edward…I need to talk to you, please” I looked into her teary eyes and nodded. We both went and sat down on my bed “Edward…I had a little brother who…died when he was 14 and it was absolutely devastating for me and my family…” she stopped and took a deep breath “you don’t have to tell me…” I spoke softly “No Edward I do have to tell you…I have to tell you that you’re making a big mistake” I was about to interrupt again but she stopped me “just hear me out Edward” I nodded “he…he was always happy and joyful when he was younger and one day he came from school and just walked straight to his room without even saying hello to any of us…I knocked on his bedroom door but he just told me to go away: it wasn’t as if we were the kind of brother and sister that always fought. We had a strong bond…anyway that became his daily routine. He wouldn’t come to party’s with us, he wouldn’t watch a family movie with us…he would just stay locked up in his room and only came out when it was necessary. We all missed him…and one day when he was out I went into his bathroom to get laundry, there were a few blood stains on the floor…but I let it go. It was a mistake that I pretended to not notice it…a big mistake. He got into a fight with our dad one day and he just completely lost it: he threw things about, punched the wall, and lost control. He ran up to his room and didn’t come out for ages. I wanted to go up to him and comfort him but my mum said he needed time to calm down. He stayed in there for a whole 2 days and one day I ran upstairs banging on his door…there was no reply. I went in and ran to the bathroom door which had a note stuck to it. It said Dear Bella; I knew you’d be the first to come here so let me tell you something… I’m sorry for what had to happen to me…but it was all too much, I couldn’t take it anymore. Please understand...I love you...and tell everyone that I love them…Goodbye with that I opened the door and saw him lying lifelessly on the ground in a pile of blood. I screamed and shook him with all my force but he didn’t wake up…he was dead. And Edward do you want to know the worst part of all of this?” she asked…I didn’t reply, I just stared at her in shock “The worst part of it was that I suspected something was wrong from the very first time I saw blood in his bathroom…but I didn’t tell anyone…If I had told someone then maybe my brother would still be alive…” her voice broke at the end and she burst into tears, I grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her into my chest “sshhh…it’s not your fault” I tried to comfort her as she stained my hoodie with water: I didn’t mind. She looked up at me and I looked down at her, she leaned closer and our lips touched for a few seconds before she pulled back. “Sorry” she said getting up and straightening out her clothes “Edward…don’t make the wrong choice” she said before walking out the door. I thought about what she said…

~Bella’s P.O.V~

“Alice…please don’t make me go to your house, you know I’m embarrassed…” I groaned as she pulled me through the doors “Esme, I’m home!” Alice screamed sounding as happy as ever. “In here dear” Alice’s step mum Esme called. “How was your day dear?” I heard Esme ask “Great how was yours…wait a sec…aren’t you supposed to be at your afternoon class” Alice asked “no sweetie, it got canceled” Esme answered sounding rather disappointed “oh…anyway guess who I brought” and this was my queue. I sighed quietly “Bella…come in” Alice beckoned me forward cheerfully. I walked in and was immediately pulled into a hug by Esme “Bella!” Esme said overjoyed. I hugged her back and noticed a boy lying on the floor, we giggled. Esme walked over to him” Oh sorry sweetie” she whispered, while picking him up “its fine” he moaned: I wonder who this boy was. I knew he wasn’t Alice’s boyfriend because she was with Jasper. We giggle but he just shot us a glare “Oh Bella, this is my emo, brooding Brother Edward” it’s as if Alice read my thoughts: he was her Emo, brooding brother I quoted Alice causing me to laugh inside. “Just go away Alice” he grumbled before leaving the room angered. “Don’t worry Bella, he’s naturally angry” she grinned and I fought the urge not to laugh.

“Come on sweetie, why don’t we sit down” Esme asked “Sure” I said before going and sitting on the couch with them “I’ll go make some snacks” Esme smiled and went to make some snacks for us. We talked for a while and Esme showed me some of her idea’s for their new guestroom. “Um…Alice, can I use the bathroom” she nodded before taking me upstairs “my bathroom’s a complete mess, do you mind using Edward’s. I shrugged “I guess not” she lead me to Edward’s bathroom “I’ll be back in a minute” she said scurrying down the stairs: I opened the door. “Sorry…I thought this was the bathroom” I said, realizing that I had walked into his bedroom “does this look like the bathroom” he snapped, why was he so mad, what did I do? “No sorry” I apologized. Alice peeked over my shoulder and explained to Edward how I had to use his bathroom; “whatever” he grumbled “thanks Edward” Alice said disappearing again. I walked in to the bathroom avoiding his glare and locked the door. I looked around for a minute. Once I was done I went to the sink to wash my hands. I screamed when I saw the blood stained towel, I felt myself getting dizzy and yelped when I fell to the floor with a loud thud.

-After Bella wakes up-

“Edward…” I whispered slowly, rubbing my eyes “Bella…what happened, are you okay?” he asked worried. “I’m sorry…I just…” I got up and looked down “Bella, what happened” he asked again, I laughed “it’s nothing…I just faint when I see blood” I trailed off. “Blood…where?” he asked curious, I pointed to the sink. He got up and walked towards the sink: he pulled his hoodie down and I tried to look at it. I noticed they were red but her quickly pulled his sleeve down, he sighed before turning back to me “Bella…I’m so sorry, I didn’t realize…that…” he stopped. “Continue” I urged him to continue “Nothing…I’m sorry” he said walking out, I grabbed his arm: pulling his sleeve up, revealing the scars and blood. I gasped and he yanked his sleeve down. “What…what happened to you?” I stuttered. “Nothing” he answered “Edward…I need to talk to you, please” I could feel tears forming in my eyes, he nodded. I began telling him the story of my little brother. At the end I leaned closer and our lips touched. “Sorry” I said straightening my clothes before looking him straight in the eye “Edward…don’t make the wrong choice. With that said I walked out.

Hope you enjoyed that chapter!!! I think that this will be quite a short story :(  anyway please excuse my mistakes xx comment? xxx ;D

Broken Boyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें