Slashed Portrait

Sarafina's POV

It was now Halloween and I was at the feast with the rest of the school. After going on our first Hogsmeade trip, which Harry didn't go to as his form wasn't signed. However, a few weeks ago we started training for the first quidditch match of the season and Oliver was working us harder then ever before. Our first match is against Slytherin, but Draco still says his arm hurts to badly to play. So if we don't play against Slytherin we will play against Hufflepuff instead. Of course Oliver does not know this yet.

Crookshanks Hermione's cat keeps trying to ate Ron's rat Scabbers. Has even influenced my cat Yuki to do the same. Because she has never attacked Scabbers before Hermione got her cat. So now Ron is angry at both of us and we have to keep both our cats out of the boys dorm room from now on. But Yuki and Crookshanks keep each other company wandering Hogwarts grounds or forest.

Defense Against the Dark Arts became everyone's favourite class except for the Slytherins. Hermione has done well keeping up with all her subjects and not being caught with my help. Now I was discussing our Arithmancy homework with Hermione as I had a sugar quill. We soon decided to return to the common room to go to sleep. Ginny had already left earlier with other Gryffindors her age. Except when we reached the staircase that leads to the portrait of the 'Fat Lady' is we found it packed with Gryffindors.

"What's going on?" I ask a fifth year Gryffindor who shrugs her shoulders.

"The Fat Lady she's gone" Ginny states appearing in front of us. We managed to get in front of the portrait to see it slashed and Peeves floating next to it. Percy arrived and told someone to get the headmaster quickly. He soon arrives with a few other professors McGonagall included as she is our head of house.

Professor Dumbledore examined the painting before turning to Mr Filch. "Round up the ghosts and ask them to help find the Fat Lady" he orders.

"No need for that Professor Head she's over there" Peeves states chuckling pointing at a safari painting. We all make our way over to it with Professor Dumbledore leading the way. When we reached it the Fat Lady appeared from behind a hippo looking terrified.

"My dear lady who did this to you?" Dumbledore asks her in a soothing voice.

"Eyes like the devil he has" she states terrified. "It's him headmaster the one they all talk about" she adds.

"Quite a temper his got that Sirius Black" Peeves states and the Fat Lady hides again after nodding her head.

"Secure the castle Mister Filch and the rest of you to the Great Hall" Dumbledore orders us. He then has the other heads of house go get their students and bring them to the great hall. Once everyone was there he gave us pillows and sleeping bags leaving the prefects & head boy and girl in-charge. Before leaving with the other professors to search for Sirius Black.

(later that same night)

"Any luck Professor?" Snape voice woke me up asking someone a question.

"None, though I did not expect Black to linger" Dumbledore answers the question.

"Any theories on how he got into the castle?" Snape asks.

"Many each as unlikely as the last" Dumbledore states.

"It seems strange that black could get in here without inside help" Snape states.

"I don't believe anyone inside the castle helped him get in" Dumbledore tells him firmly.

"Want about the Potter boy should he be warned?" Snape asks as they had reached where me and the other three were sleeping. I was next to Hermione who was next to Harry with Ron on his other side.

"Yes but for now let him sleep for when we do we enter a world entirely our own. Let them swim in the deepest ocean or climb over the highest mountain. For when they sleep anything is possible" Dumbledore tells Snape. I fall back into a peaceful sleep along with Harry who I saw had also been listening with the other two.

A/N

Picture above of the Fat Lady's slashed painting.