Leaky Cauldron

Sarafina's POV

I have just been reading my school books, yes including the monster book. I am surprised no one else has figured out how to open it. Also I have finally had a mandrake leaf under my tongue for a month. When Hermione and Ron get back from Diagon Alley I will inform Hermione of my progress. She has still been trying to talk me out of doing it though.

My family and I have just settled in at the Leaky Cauldron. Hermione and Ron went to look for Harry in Diagon Alley. I gave Hermione a book on Egypt magic history for her birthday and she loved it. She was thinking of getting an owl with the extra money her parents gave her telling her to buy something nice. Ron was going with her to get someone to look at Scabbers, who looks even more sick then when we were in Egypt.

Right now I was entering the dining area of the Leaky Cauldron with Fred and George. We saw Percy greeting Harry and the twins smirked. "Harry! Simply splendid to see you old boy" Fred exclaims pushing Percy out of the way and bowing to Harry. I tried to hold in my laughs until George also joined in and I lost it.

"Marvelous" George says grabbing Harry's hand "absolutely spiffing" he states shaking Harry's hand. Percy glared at them while I was leaning against the wall laughing my head off. I didn't even realize Mum had appeared.

"That's enough" she states making Fred and George turn to her instead.

"Mum!" Fred exclaims grabbing her hand "how really corking to see you..." he started saying.

"I said that's enough" Mum tells him firmly. She then greeted Harry and asked if he knew about Percy being head boy. Fred and George mumbled saying Percy would be the last head boy in the family after Bill. "I don't doubt that and I see neither of you two have been made prefects" Mum states.

"Why would we want to be prefects for?" George asks. "It would take the fun out of everything" he states. Making Ginny and I giggle as she joins my side holding Yuki.

"You should want to set better examples for your sisters" Mum states.

"Ginny and Sarafina have other brothers to set good examples mother" Percy reminds her. "I am going upstairs to change for dinner" he says leaving. As he left I heard George telling Harry how he and Fred tried to shut Percy in a tomb. But that Mum stopped them. Yuki jumped onto my shoulder as I walked over to Hermione.

"Want's that Hermione?" I ask seeing the ball of orange fluff in her arms.

"My new cat Crookshanks isn't he gorgeous?" she asks.

"I thought you were going to get an owl" I say confused.

"I was going to but then I saw him attacking Ron and fell in love with him. The witch said he'd been stuck there for ages as no one wanted him" Hermione explains. I laughed quietly at hearing want Crookshanks did to Ron.

"I've done it Hermione and now I can turn into an animal" I tell her excitedly.

"But you can't use magic out side school" she states.

"You don't need a wand to turn into an animal" I tell her.

"But doesn't that make it more dangerous with this being your first time?" she asks.

"Yes if I didn't do everything correctly, but I have" I tell her. "I have informed Ginny of want I am trying to do. So we can do it tonight after dinner in our room" I explain. "I think I have the patronus charm nailed, but I can't find out until we go back to school" I tell her.

(September first)

During dinner last night Dad informed us that the ministry were sending cars to take us to the station on September first, which is today. I have also finally turned into an animal and decided to go for a run in the forest when I return to school. Hermione was happy everything went fine even without my wand. Both her and Ginny say I am a true Gryffindor. The thing that gives me away from other animals are my light blue eyes.

We are all packed for the station and all the pets in their cages/carriers. I got into one of the two cars with Dad, Harry, Hermione and Ron. While Mum was in the other car with Fred, George, Ginny and Percy.

A/N

Gif above of newspaper clipping of Sirius Black prison photo.