Before long the car came to a stop outside of a beautifully built cottage, almost similar to Polly's.

"What happened to the big manor?" Victoria asked as she turned to look at him.

He cleared his throat before turning to meet her gaze, "the day you left I sold it. Couldn't bear to stay in that house with the memories of you haunting me."

They both got out of the car in a painful silence, bags in her arms and his son in his.

Together they stepped inside of the house and a soft gasp escaped her lips as her eyes connected with a small picture frame.

When Victoria picked up the golden frame her breath hitched and tears threatened to spill.

It was a photo of them both in one anothers arms on the day of the races. What made it more special was that they both weren't aware of it being taken.

Their eyes filled with a now non-existing love.

"It was the first thing I moved into this place. Having a photo of you and being able to take glances at you now and then made tough days easier." Tommy stated stepping closer to her as he rocked Timothy softly. "It was often the only thing stopping my heart from breaking."

Victoria put the photo down before rubbing he eyes to stop any feelings from emerging.

"I'm going to go put Timothy down to sleep now. You should get yourself to sleep too Tommy, it's been a long day." She nodded turning to look at him.

He handed over the little one and let out a content sigh. The small time he had shared with his son meant more to him than he could express.

"Theres a cot upstairs in one of the bedrooms for when Ada visits with baby Karl. Both of you make yourselves at home." Tommy stated running his fingers theough his hair.

Without a word in response she carried Timothy upstairs and wandered into the open bedroom she presumed was theirs.

Victoria walked over to the bed and changed Timothy into his sleepwear before placing the already sleeping baby into the cot.

The events of the day had surely taken all of the energy from her. So much had happened in such a short space of time.

She also changed into her night dress before slipping into her bed. The darkness overcoming her as soon as her eyes closed.

Later, Victoria was suddenly awoken by the sound of someone screaming.

Worst of all, it was Tommy. He was always the tough one so hearing his emotions like that scared her even more.

Without any hesitation she jumped from her room and ran to where the screaming was coming from.

Victoria pushed the door open and was struck by the scene in front of her. Tommy was thrashing about in his bed, sweat covering his upper body and terror streaked across his face.

She hurried over to his side and softly placed her arms across his to stop his arm whailing about.

"Tommy, it's okay." She spoke calmly, keeping her touch on his bare arms.

His eyes soon opened and looked up at her, a sigh escaping as he realised she had seen him like that.

"Please go, darling." He mumbled closing his eyes.

"It's me Tommy, Victoria. I have seen you at your worst remember? When your father left, when your mother died and when Arthur and John were in that accident. Let me in." Victoria whispered softly.