Chapter Eleven: My Love

Aaron's POV:

___________

I'm terrified.

I felt Iris's pain and despair through the mate bond last night and rushed over to her house. I found her, nearly lifeless, grasping a pill bottle. I understood immediatly.

I had grabbed her unconscious figure, sprinted over to the hospital, and now here I am.

She is peaceful on the outside, but I know for a fact that nightmares are raging through her head.

I slowly walk over to where she lay and stroke her hair adoringly. "I love you," I whisper, even though I know she can't hear me.

I exit the room, wondering why she would try to kill herself. I need to know.

___________________________

Iris's POV:

_________

I can see the future right now. I see wolves of silver, a crescent moon, my husband, a pack, my love, my children, my sister, my aunt-----

I wake up, gasping for breath. I start to weep, more out of shock than fear.

Where am I? I wonder, taking in all of the white around me. Where's Aunt Gillian, Terra, Uncle Rodney?

"Hello?" I croak, grabbing my neck. It feels like it is on fire. "Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital," a voice says. It's the handsome doctor from before. He smiles down at me, "again."

I feel a tear slide down my sunken cheek. "Why didn't I die?"

He looks so sad. "We couldn't let you die, Iris. You're too precious, no one could ever let a girl like you die."

I almost smile. "Thanks, Doc."

"Of course."

There is silence before Doctor McAllen murmurs, "Your aunt would like to see you."

I shudder in fear. "Why?"

"She is the one, isn't she?" he inquires dryly, brushing his shaggy black hair out of his face. "The one who hurts you."

"Yes."

"I'll let her in," he informs me. "But I'll be watching. Don't worry."

"Thanks again, Doc."

"Of course," he says, then skirts around me and closes the door behind him. "I'll bring her in."

I wait a moment before the metal door opens and slams shut.

"You little piece of crap," she hisses in my ear, yanking my hair. "You thought you could kill yourself?"

"Aunt Gillian."

"God frowns down upon suicide," she pulls my hair even tighter.

"Yeah?" I retort. "Well, God frowns down on child abuse, too."

She slaps me, making a large sound reverberate throughout the room. My cheek, along with my throat, is burning.

The door instantly opens, revealing Dr.McAllen with a big, fake smile on his angry face.

"Hello, Mrs. Drake," he says, speaking to my aunt. "I'm pleased to say that Iris is making a full recovery," he takes in my crimson cheek, "she should be able to leave in about a week."

"Great!" Aunt Gillian exclaims, too enthusiastically. "That's great, isn't it,

Iris?"

"Yeah," I say, void of emotion. My cheek stings. "Super."

"Well," Dr. McAllen tells me. "You know that boy from your last trip here? He's waiting to speak to you."

Aunt Gillian says, "But I was---"

"I'll go get him," the doctor ignores my aunt, looking only at me. "See you soon, Iris."

He ushers my aunt out and let's Aaron in. I smile in relief, but he doesn't return the favor.

"How could you?!"

___________________________