Chapter 6: Incident At Undyne's

Hey guys! This is a little flashback sequence for Papyrus. It'll make sense later on, don't worry!

-----------------------------------------------------

| Papyrus' P.O.V |

I walked through the freezing cold of Snowdin until I eventually reached the entrance to Waterfall, which had more moisture in the air and was warmer.

I kept walking until I reached Undyne's house, but I don't have as much confidence as I usually do.

I intend to ask her for advice, seeing the predicament that I, the Great Papyrus, have found myself caught up in. And even worse, they are regarding certain feelings I have for a certain someone that I shouldn't have these certain feelings for..

To sum it up, I am hopelessly in love with my lazy, yet amazing in every other way, brother Sans...

And thats exactly what I should tell her, but more subtly. I won't say who, but I'll give her a really confusing description and then hope she catches on! That's how this works, right? Maybe I should've gone to the Librarby and picked up a book on this..

I knocked on Undyne's weirdly designed door. Mere seconds later, the door burst open with a very pumped-up Undyne standing in its frame.

"HEY PAPYRUS! WANN-" she stopped when she saw how I looked. "Are you okay Papyrus?" She always knew when something was bothering me, she's a great friend!

I shrugged my shoulders and hung my head low, "I just need to talk today.."

Undyne nodded and pulled me inside, sitting me down at her table as she sat across from me. And by across, I mean she actually sat down on the table, directly in the center of it.

"What's bothering you bud? I've never seen you this sad before." She asked, concern layering her voice.

"I'm...um... in sort of a predicament.." I sighed, "more specifically involving feelings.."

"What kind of feelings?" She asked, still as concerned as before.

"It's hard to explain..." I mumbled.

"Is it an angry thing, sad, happy, romantic...?" She listed.

"Uh..I... it's romantic..." I said quietly, hoping she didn't hear me.

"So, Pap has got a crush? Who's the lucky lady?" Undyne said curiously.

  I leaned back in the chair. "I'm not going to say who, but I just need advice.." I sighed, draping an arm over my forehead for dramatic effect.

  "It must be serious, sense the Great Papyrus has to ask for advice. But why me? I'm sure you would've asked Sans." She questioned.

  I went silent, sitting up straight and letting my skull hang down, staring at my lap. I swear my face is bright orange, I can feel it.

  Undyne gasped, and slammed her hands down on the table, finally realizing the situation at hand. "Oh my god! This really is an issue! I don't know how these things work, Paps, but I'm sure if you just tell hi-"

  I cut her off by burying my head in my hands and, embarrassing as it is, started crying. Stupid feelings...

  Undyne jumped off the table and walked around, embracing me in a comfortingly-awkward side hug.

  "Hey, it's okay, it'll all be okay..." She repeated those words, rubbing and patting my back, until eventually I had calmed down

| 3rd Person |

"What am I supposed to do Undyne? He'll think I'm weird! Everyone will..." Papyrus sobbed.

"It's okay buddy, no one's gonna think your weird. They shouldn't, it's totally legal down here." Undyne reassured, a positive smile on her face.

Papyrus look over at her curiously. "Is it?" He asked, seeming hopeful.

Undyne nodded her head, grin never fading. "King Fluffy-Buns is too nice to discriminate anyone, of course it is! He would feel horrible for keeping people from loving who they love, even if it's another family member."

Papyrus stood up abruptly, bearing a triumphant grin and striking his signature pose. "NYEH HEH HEH! THE GREAT PAPYRUS FEELS MUCH BETTER!" He said happily, his voice booming.

Undyne stood up too, happy for her friend. "There's the Papyrus I know! Now get out there and work it out! Go slowly though, don't startle him!" She cheered, giving him helpful pointers and tips as he headed out the door.

He marched his way back to Snowdin, his smile never fading. He knew that he was going to be fine, so he was happy the whole way home.