Moroi always come first...

Sydney

“Adrian!” I rush to his side and have a check on him.

“You have no right to do that to him!” I barked.

“He has no right to joke like that either!” Angeline countered.

“He’s a moroi, Angeline. They come first.” Eddie said quietly.

“Let’s bring him to bed” Jill said to break the tension. Clarence, gave us his first-aid kit and I tried to tend Adrian’s bruise.

“Nice of you to care” he whispered as soon as he regain his consciousness.

“Shut up! You and your big mouth can always bring you harm” I scolded. He pouts his lips and raise it towards me.

“My mom said that if something’s hurt, a kiss will take the pain away. My lips are hurting sweetheart”

“You’re such a baby, Adrian!” I stood up and check on the others. I felt Adrian’s arms wrapped around me.

“Don’t be angry sweetheart. I’m just kidding” he whispered on my ears. I felt the tickling feeling again and sighed.

“I’m not angry. Just upset. Now go back to bed and have some rest.”

“Nah, I want to spend more time with you”

“Even with a bruise?” I joked.

“Even with a bruise” he repeated. We had fun all day but late afternoon, we said our goodbyes to each other. We were back in the dorm when Eddie approached me.

“Syd, I just have a hunch. What if Micah is a dhampir?” he whispered. I told Micah to accompany Jill to her room and as soon as they were out of earshot. I turned to Eddie and said,

“What do you mean?”I asked.

“He doesn’t have a father, he’s strong as me and he is a dead ringer of my bestfriend Mason, who was a dhampir” he hastily explained.

“Okay, calm down. I check it tomorrow. What’s Mason father’s name?”

“Morgan Roberts” he replied. After that confrontation with Eddi, problems began to arise. Stanton called.

“Sage, what have O heard that your cover was blown away?” she scolded.

“Yeah, unexpected events” I safely answered.

“The, why have I seen you and Ivashkov, so close to eachother?”

“It was nothing!” I countered.

“Do your job well or I’ll send Zoe there and remove you in your post” she threatened. I can feel my heartbeat pulsing. Damn!

“Fine, can I ask a favour? Can you find someone named Morgan Roberts? He’s a moroi”

“What for?”

“I think, we had an unidentified dhampir here and he’s our frie------- I mean Jill’s classmate” I sighed. She must never know that I was close to Adrian and the others or else that will be the end of it.

“Of course! Keith Darnell really left so many problems in there!” she commented.

“Yeah, I know” I said and then hang up.