Life Before The Accident

A few months prior to now everything was perfect.

October 15th, 2016

I had got a promotion from my job, and my wife got a job teaching. She was a 1st grade teacher, and that was her dream, was to teach kids, since she loves helping kids. Life was going perfect for us, and nothing could stop the good luck we were receiving.

Later that day when I got home from my job my wife was in a very good mood, espcially since she got the teaching job. She had made pasta for us, and she also had a fresh loaf of French bread out on the counter just sitting there while it scented the room for us. I thought it was such a great way to end a great day.

"Congrats Teddy on getting a promotion at work! I'm so proud of you, you really deserve it. You've caught a lot of bad people over the years and saved a lot of people's lives. I'm proud of you honey." She said with a joyful smile.

I thanked her and gave her a hug and a sweet kiss. "Thank you sweetheart, I really appreciate it. Congrats to you too on getting the teaching job! You'll be a great teacher to the kids." I said happily.

She hugged me again tighter this time, and than said.

"I'm so honored to be your wife. Having a police officer as a husband is such a blessing. I promise you that I'll always be yours Teddy, yours until death due us part."

I thought that was a little random, but it was very sweet so I continued on by saying...

"Thank you Lorena, I'll always be yours too as you know. Work can get hectic sometimes, and sometimes I see things I wish I wouldn't see. But at the end of the day it all pays off if I save a life or two. You already know I'll always keep you safe too and love you unconditionally."

After that she had a tear drop from her eye, and she kissed me with her beautiful lips. It was so magical, just like the day when we got married. You know, I felt like we were on top of the world at that point in our life. I wouldn't have imagined anything bad happening to us. In fact, it could've only gotten better from that part.
*Than I was interrupted by the mysterious man*
"So, what happened? I mean everything sounds like a perfect fairy tale. Did something tragic happen?" The mysterious unknown man said.

"Well, stuff didn't go horribly wrong at first, but each day started to get more and more weird. I would get paranoid, and than I got even more paranoid when she announced the news to me." I said...

October 27th, 2016

It was a busy night, and I was getting a bunch of weird calls. I got a call for a person who tried to harm himself, and I talked him out of doing so, and took him into the jail just to monitor him. He trusted me, which was good.

Than my last call of the night, really scared me. I got a call to go investigate a break in at a local Catholic Church. It was about 4:30 in the morning and I was so tired, but I knew I had a job to do, so I was going to do it. I drive on over to the church that was fairly close to were I was. When I got there, the parking lot had no cars in it. Whoever broke in must've just been a bum or something I thought.

I got out of my car, took out my gun and flashlight, and looked around the church seeing if there were any visible signs of a break in. I proceed onto the side of the church and see there's a window broken. At that point it was clear someone did break in. So I make my way through the window, very carefully making sure I don't cut myself. As I get in everything is pitch black. I pointed my flashlight around the darkness and saw I was in a bathroom. I make sure to look through each stall in the bathroom, but there was no one in the stalls. I walk out of the bathroom after a few minutes, and I turn to my left, and I see candles lit all throughout the hallway.

I thought it was like a horror movie scenario, and I expected someone to jump out and beat the crap out of me at any point, but it was so quiet, you couldn't even here the clock tick. I make my way towards the middle of the church, making sure to follow the candles lit. The weird thing was, the candles led all the way up the the cross hanging in the middle of the alter. In the middle of the aisle, leading up to the alter was a person, kneeling down on the ground. As I drew closer I heard him crying, and whispering something. Couldn't make out what he was saying, but it gave me goosebumps because he sounded very scared and delusional. He obviously didn't pose a threat to me, I just feared he would try to hurt himself.

"Excuse me sir, I would like to ask why did you break into this church?" I asked very nervously. I knew it was kind of a stupid question to ask, but I wanted to know why he broke in. He didn't look like he wanted to hurt anyone, he just looked like he needed something, needed God perhaps.

The man still whispered a million words per second, and continued to cry. I looked over his shoulder, and saw his hands were shaking, very fast, and he had blood on his hands. I thought it was probably from the glass he broke, but than I saw he had blood on his clothes, and when he looked up at my face, he started to cry even more and said...

"I'm sorry please don't arrest me sir!!! We all make mistakes in life and I couldn't control myself!!!!!" Than he started to hyperventilate and I didn't know what to do. I was so confused, what was happening? I asked him...

"What, what did you do.........sir?"

He couldn't even make out a single word, because he was breathing too fast and whispering more gibberish. I told him to look me in the eyes and to not lie to me or I would take him to jail.

"I'll ask you one last time, why did you break in, and what did you do that's causing you to be this sad?" I said...

He looked at me, and continued saying..."have you ever had the person you love the most, betray you? Have you ever had the person you love the most tell you how she adores you so much, and tells you lies that you love hearing? My wife, would always tell me each morning how much she loved me, and than every night she came home she would show me how much she loved me. Until she met a guy, and that guy she met took her away from me. I just don't know who he was, he was, a mysterious man. I never met him, all I knew was he could know how to make you go crazy. When I heard the news of my wife cheating on me, I went crazy. I couldn't comprehend how my wife told me all those lies, and still managed to smile on her face. Only a evil person could tell you a lie, and still manage to have a smile on their face. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I was trapped inside my own mind, and I couldn't escape. Not even knowing who this man was made me go crazy, so I questioned my wife, and kept questioning her. She never told me, so I took matters into my own hands, and showed her who the boss was. I didn't mean to kill her though, and after I hit her, I fell to my knees and started to panic. I turned into the mad man my thoughts sought me out to be. I didn't know what to do, so I came here and just started to pray that God would forgive me, but who could forgive a mad man. Please sir don't arrest me..." the man said as he continued to cry.

Obviously I was going to arrest him, but he seemed crazy, and depressed, possibly. I wanted to make sure he would be alright, so I took him in. I called for backup, and they arrived shortly after I called. I took the guy and placed him in the car. He actually thanked me in the end, and said he's better off in jail than being on his own. That was the weirdest call I ever got, but in the end I felt like I helped him. When I got home finally it was about 6:30 in the morning, and I got in bed, but I couldn't sleep. I couldn't help think, what if my wife ever did that to me? Noooooooo, she wouldn't ever do that. I just still was confused and that call was starting to haunt me...I was going to start paying more attention to my wife now.