Chapter Seventeen

Ok. So I know that this chapter kind of goes against what actually happens at funerals/morgues but I had to change it up for the story. I know that before the funeral they go through and drain out everything in the body blah blah blah. But for this story, just pretend that doesn't happen. Ok, enjoy!

A week later

Stiles and Derek sat in the back of the funeral home. Stiles had dry tears on his cheeks and new ones in his eyes. They were at Scott's funeral. They were too late. Derek couldn't change him. He was gone. Forever.

Stiles stood, earning a look from Derek. He held a hand out to tell him he was ok, and walked up. He walked to the casket, looking at his best friend.

Tears ran down his face as he put a hand on Scott's. "I'm so sorry Scott..."

Stiles looked down as more tears were coming, looking at Scott's hands. His fingernails were outgrown and sharp, which was a little strange. Stiles pulled Scott's arm sleeve up over his wrist. The bite mark was gone, causing Stiles's heart to jump.

He rubbed his fingers on the place where the bite was, and not even makeup could cover it up. "Scott?"

Scott's mom came up, reaching for Stiles, "it's alright honey..."

"Scott?!" Stiles said, leaning forward, shaking him. "Scott wake up!!!"

Derek ran up and grabbed ahold of him, picking him up and walking him out, leaving Scott's mom and everyone else in confusion. "Stiles calm down..."

"It's Scott's, he's turned! I swear, I saw him. His nails are sharp and his bite has heeled,"

"Stiles," Derek said, putting him down outside. "It's too late. I can't explain what you saw, but he didn't turn. I would have known."

"Derek I swear he turned..." Stiles said, starting to cry more. "He can't be gone..."

"I'm sorry Stiles. Let's go home..."

••••••

It was late at night, 3am, Derek was sound asleep with his arm wrapped around Stiles. Stiles couldn't sleep, he couldn't stop thinking about Scott.

He slowly got out of bed, putting a pillow in Derek's arm. He grabbed his phone off the bedside table and sneaked out the room. He called the vet, hoping he'd answer.

"Stiles? It's three in the morning is everything ok?" Alan asked, sounding like he just woke up.

"I'm so sorry to wake you but I need to ask you something... How long can someone be dead before he was bitten for him to turn?" Stiles asked.

"Umm, well it depends. I've heard of people turning after a full day of being dead. Why you ask?"

"Can you meet me at the Maybelle Funeral Home?"

"Now?"

"It's important..." Stiles said, hoping he would. There was silence on the other line and then a sigh.

"Ok, I'll be there in five minutes."

"Thank you so much," Stiles said, hanging up and sneaking into the room, grabbing the keys.

••••••

"What are we doing here?" Alan asked as he closed his car door, meeting Stiles in front of the two vehicles.

"I need you to look at something," Stiles said, walking to the door and trying to open it. "It's locked."

"Yeah, we should probably go-"

Stiles hit the door knob and it fell to the ground. "It's not locked anymore."

"Or we could do that... Could you know get us arrested tonight?" Alan asked, walking in after Stiles. "Why are we here?"

"I have a feeling that Scott was turned. Derek doesn't think so but I have a feeling he was," Stiles said, walking down a hallway to the morgue.

"Stiles, he's the alpha. If he doesn't think he turned, he probably didn't. I'm sorry but-" they walked into the morgue and stopped in their track. There were two cold chambers open. One with no body, and the other with a body. The one with the body had a naked girl standing next to it.

"Allison..." Stiles said under his breathe, causing her to jump. She backed up, bumping into the cold chambers behind her. "Allison, are you ok?"

"He's dead..." Allison said, looking at Scott. Alan cleared his throats and took his coat off, stepping forward. Allison jumped, causing Alan to stop.

"It's alright... I was just gonna give you my jacket..."

Allison slowly nodded and reached for it, pulling it on.

"Are you feeling alright?" Alan asked, checking up on Allison. Stiles walked up to the opened cold chamber that held Scott's body.

"Come on Scotty..." Stiles said, a tear falling. Alan pulled Allison aside, sitting her down and checking her pulse and everything else. Stiles pulled out his phone and called Derek, knowing he would answer no matter what time it was.

"Goddammit Stiles where are you? I was just about to call you," Derek asked, sleep in his voice.

"Baby... Can you come to the funeral home..." Stiles asked, tears running down his eyes.

"Stiles why are you at the funeral home? Who are you with? Why wouldn't you wake me?" Derek said, it was obvious that he wasn't happy.

"I'm with Alan. I didn't wake you because I didn't want you to stop me. Good thing I did though... Allison is alive..." Stiles said. There was a pause on the other end, and then Derek sighed.

"I'll be right there," Derek said as he hung up.

Stiles put his phone away and looked down at Scott. "Alan..."

Alan walked over, looking at Scott. "What is it?"

"He's moving... Underneath his skin..." Stiles said, looking closer. Sure enough, it looked like Scott's body was alive just below the skin. Derek rushed in, still shirtless. "You couldn't put a shirt on?"

"You're lucky I put pants on," Derek said, looking over at Allison. "Hello Allison..."

"Derek." Allison said. Her face was expressionless. She was sitting there, holding herself. Derek walked over to Stiles, looking at Scott.

"He looks like he's moving under his skin," Stiles said. Derek nodded, knowing that meant something.

"It means that he's-" Derek started, but stopped when Stiles gasped. Everyone looked at Scott.

"Stiles..."