five

---

---

THURSDAY MORNING was hitting Jasmine in the face like bricks. She sighed and threw the covers off her body. She shuffled to her bathroom and started the shower.

She did the normal routine, brushed her teeth and hair. She did her makeup and put on, a floral dress, jean jacket and brown wedges.

She grabbed her bag and went downstairs. She seen her mom but not her dad. Her mom looked pissed, she knew why.

She grabbed a granola bar and yelled 'I love you' to her mom as she walked out. On her short trip to school she seen Derek, or Derek seen her.

Jasmine looked up at him. "Hello." She smiled.

"Hello there." Derek said with a small smile. "Guess what?" He said looking down at her.

"Hm?" She asked raising her brow biting into the granola bar. "I broke up with Kate." He said. She almost choked on her granola bar.

She looked bewildered. "Why the hell would you do that?!" She asked.

"What do you mean? I want us back. I want you back, J." He mumbled. She stopped and looked him dead in the eyes. He stopped and looked at her.

"Derek.. Just because I helped you doesn't mean I want to get back together right now." She answered honestly. Of course, she missed Derek.

"Two weeks." Derek spoke. Jasmine furrowed her brows. "Two weeks from now and you still don't want to get back together, I'll stop." He said looking into her ocean blue eyes.

She nodded. "Deal." She held out her hand with a slight smile. He shook it with a small as well.

"And you can't be a bitch when I do something for flirty." He added with raised brows.

Jasmine's mouth was agape and eyes wide. "I'm not a bitch." She denied shaking her head. Derek just gave her 'the look'. She rolled her eyes and nodded. "Okay." She said.

He smiled as they walked to school.

🔥

Hailey playfully hit Jasmine's shoulder when she seen her. "You dumb bitch, tell me if you're ditching." Hailey said with wide eyes. "Why didn't you tell me? I would've ditched with you." Hailey said.

"I was busy." Jasmine stated with a small smirk. Hailey rolled her eyes. "Doing what?" She questioned. "I was with Derek." She shrugged.