CHAPTER 82: This Was Called Being At Ease!

Start from the beginning

The next day, Chi Cheng went to the lunch with Yue Yue. After they arrived, Yue Yue greeted Chi Cheng's parent first and then she softly greeted Chi Jia Li: "Sis, I'm Yue Yue."

Chi Jia Li's smile was neither warm nor cold, compared to Yue Yue's makeup with Chi Jia Li's, it looked like she didn't wear any makeup at all. Her hair was tied up, a simple dress without pattern, and a pair of flat shoes. But all her moves and expression showed a noble manner, her actions showed that she wasn't an average person.

Yue Yue crouched down and took out two toys from her bag and handed it to Dou Dou and Quan Quan.

"Aunty gives these to both of you!"

Dou Dou and Quan Quan happily took the toys and played with it fondly.

Chi Jia Li suddenly stretched out her hand, and spoke at her children in American English slang: "Hand the toys to mama. We are going to eat, you can't touch dirty things."

Yue Yue only understood the word "dirty thing".

During lunch, when everyone was chatting merrily, Chi Jia Li didn't say anything and she was busied feeding her children. Yue Yue always tried to strike a conversation with Chi Jia Li but her response was cold. Yue Yue took a side dish and placed it into Dou Dou and Quan Quan's bowl, but Chi Jia Li didn't feed it to her children.

Chi Cheng and Yue Yue went home after the lunch, Chi Jia Li looked at her parents and grumbled.

"Mom, Dad, both of you are bitten once and twice shy? The thing between my brother and Wang Shuo already passed for six years, didn't he only walked the wrong path once? Both of you become scared like this? Just randomly accepting any woman? Can you please don't do this to your son?"

Chi Yuan Duan's complexion didn't look good, "We support his relationship but we don't talk about marriage yet. It's good enough that he can find a girlfriend. Who would be happy to be with him when he always at the snake lair?"

"That's right." Zhong Wen Yu chirped in, "I think that girl wasn't that bad. She's from ordinary family but she is likable and smart. Her appearance also wasn't that bad. There are many ladies from noble families, but your brother doesn't like them!"

"This isn't because of status," Chi Jia Li exasperated, "it's okay even if she's just an ordinary girl, just look at her fake face, there's a huge 'I want to climb the social ladder' written on her forehead!"

"Don't be nonsense." Zhong Wen Yu looked at Chi Jia Li sternly, "you just met her, what can tell from that?"

Chi Jia Li indifferently threw a sentence.

"If you don't believe, then just wait and see."

Coming back from the lunch, Yue Yue was restless and unhappy, and she coincidentally received an anonymous message at that time.

"Stop your unrealistic dream, Chi Cheng's parents won't accept you as daughter-in-law."

Who sent this message? Yue Yue was scared and she reminded of Chi Jia Li's face, as well as the cold and hostility she received at the dinner table. But judging by the message, it was unlikely to be sent by Chi Jia Li

As she was thinking, she received a message.

"Don't think highly of yourself."

Before long, Yue Yue received the second and third messages, fourth, fifth...and all messages contained the same meaning. It was to advice her to wake up from her dream as early as possible, to stop dreaming of marrying a wealthy man.

She furiously called the number.

"Who are you? Speak! I can uncover your identity. What does it fucking got to do with you if I marry or not? Are you asking to be curse? ..."

Wu Suowei tossed the phone aside and let it roared, his eyes were watching at the splendid basketball game, and leisurely cracking the sunflower seeds. This situation was called being at ease!

Anne's Rant:

Anne's Rant:

I must be crazy. This novel contains almost 300 chapters and I want to translate till the end without skipping any part. Might even translate those few chapters that I summarized at the beginning (C3-14) (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖

Somehow this novel became easy for me to translate and I must thanks Jidan for teaching me all those things (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و The only issue that hinder me from updating daily is my lack of free time and my ineloquent in English. For example, I perfectly understand the Chinese character but I cant conjure the English word even though it is at the tip of my tongue. I usually skip this kind of sentence and will come back to it before I update since I usually can recall the English word when I don't bulk translate (◕〜◕ )

 I usually skip this kind of sentence and will come back to it before I update since I usually can recall the English word when I don't bulk translate (◕〜◕ )

Please note that some part might be incorrect as we don't know how to translate the slangs and idioms to English and translators might rely on the pinyin. Mistakes are bound to happen and corrections are very welcome.