Life of the party

I blushed as my best friend Marie threw me a tight black dress across her clothes scattered bedroom. "Try it on" she said

"I'd rather stay at home with Netflix you should know me by now, We've been friends since we could speak." I commented

"Shawn might be there." She dropped a suggestive hint, winking at me.

Tonight was the largest party of the school year. It was mid-June one of the rich kids from our school always threw a party in their oversized mansion. They weren't really my scene though, they mainly consisted of the jocks and popular kids getting drunk out of their minds and daring each other to do deeds that will haunt them for the rest of their years at school.

>>>>>>>>>>

Pulling the dress up in front of the bathroom mirror I pulled my hair behind my back and turned to look.

"I'm not going." I said exiting the bathroom "This definitely isn't my kind of getup."

She put her phone down from her ear and placed it on the bed. Approaching me she turned me by my shoulders and zipped up the back. Facing me again she smiled.

"Why don't we get some food before we go then maybe you can make a final decision ?" She suggested.

"Okay then, what about your world famous burgers ?" I joked pulling the clingy dress away from my mid-section.

"Burgers it is !" She disappeared around the door and down the stairs as I begun to do my makeup in the en-suite bathroom.

>>>>>

As the smell of grilling burgers wafted up the stairs I made my way down the stairs.

In the kitchen Marie was serving up the burgers and I gathered together sauces and salads.

*knock knock*

"Can you get it ?" She asked " I'm kinda tied up here." She continued gesturing to the plates she was holding in her hands.

"No prob Bob." I smiled skipping across the hardwood flooring towards the door.

Opening the door I was met with a gush of air, no one was there ? I glanced around and saw an envelope on the doormat with 'Party ?' Written across the front in neat handwriting. I closed the door and placed myself onto the sofa.

"Marieee" I called into the kitchen

"Yeah ?" She replied walking into the living room with the burgers.

"I found this at the door." I gestured lifting the smooth, white object from my lap.

________________________________
A/N: anyone for a part 2 ?