Hints of jealousy

Dinner came soon, and the main topic of the whole Great hall was Cara's outburst earlier today. It was even more interesting than the arrival of Durmstrang and Beaubaxton students. 

''Do you want us to guard the door in case you have another little breakdown and Moody decides he's had enough with you?'' Nott teased Cara.

''I'm perfectly capable of defending myself, thank you'' she replied a bit harshly. 

 ''I still can't believe you acted like that'' Daphne shook her head.

''It's not my fault he was acting like an idiot'' snapped Cara.

''Still, he's a professor'' Blaise said, ''you could have gotten into much bigger trouble. Especially after storming out of the classroom like that, lucky for you he didn't say anything about it.''

Cara was slowly getting bored with the topic of conversation, so she simply shrugged and decided to ignore everyone around her. The only conversation she participated in 'till the welcoming ceremony begun was the private one with Draco.

Suddenly, the front door burst open and Filch stormed in. Everybody immediately started to laugh, every single movement of his was hysterical. Filch rushed over to Dumbledore and whispered something to his ear, after which the headmaster stood up and addressed the students.

''If I could have your attention please'' he spoke, ''I'd like you all to welcome the students of Durmstrang institute.''

Everyone in the Great hall carefully watched every second of the guest students performance. Both Durmstrang and Beaubaxton prepared a small act using various spells to make an entrance. It was pretty amazing to see such magic being preformed by witches and wizards no older than seventeen. And the Beaubaxton girls were just beautiful. For the first time in forever, Cara felt a bit insecure for a moment. But only for a moment. Then she realized she was just as pretty and classy as those girls and she had nothing to worry about. She was also happy to see that Draco wasn't drooling over them like rest of the Hogwarts guys. And the Durmstrang students, well, that was the biggest surprised there could be. Viktor Krum was a student there. Both male and female population of the school was in complete shock, the best seeker in the world was standing right in front of them.

Cara however didn't find him much interesting. She didn't like quiddtich, and apparently unlike all the other girls, she didn't like the macho-guy type either. He clearly had a perfect body, that was irrefutable, but other than that, he wasn't special to her at all.

As the students from the guest schools were told to settle among Hogwarts students for dinner, Draco hurried to make room for Viktor Krum to sit next to him. Cara chuckled at his behavior. And as Draco and Krum begun talking about quidditch, another Durmstrang student settled next to Cara and they begun a casual conversation.

His name was Arvid, and he seemed like a pretty decent guy. Cara wasn't particularly interested in him either, but she enjoyed talking to someone new for a change. Arvin, however, clearly took a liking into Cara.

''So is a beautiful girl like you seeing anyone right now?'' he asked at one point.

''Yeah, I actually am'' Cara smiled, her mind instantly drifting off to Barty.

''You're seeing someone?'' Pansy interrupted with a shocked face. She was chatting with Daphne during dinner, but now it was clear she was also eavesdropping.

''Kind of'' shrugged Cara still smiling.

''Who?'' Pansy was persistent.

''I'm not going to tell you'' Cara replied, hoping she'd let it go 'cause this was a conversation she didn't want to have. But Pansy being Pansy, was too curious to take a hint.