Lovesick

A couple of days have passed since the Quidditch world cup and things got back to normal for Cara. She was once again in her big mansion, lonely, cut off from the rest of the world, with nothing to do all day but read books and do beauty treatments to herself. There was one positive thing about loneliness, reading really does increase the IQ.

But there was also a negative thing about it, over they past few years Cara read countless love novels, so now given the recent circumstances, it was incredibly hard not to picture a cheesy scenario with her being the main character. And whenever she did daydream, her mind went back to the night of the tournament. She pictured the mysterious man in her head, only now realizing how perfect he looked. True, he had the look of a serial killer, and his hair could use some improvement, but there was something about him that made Cara feel attached. She knew it was probably just lust, but she couldn't help but wonder if there was something more in that moment they shared. She couldn't ask anyone about him though. Draco would probably just get offended by the mention of another man, his crush still hasn't gone away, and she couldn't ask her father 'cause for one he would give her no information about any deatheater, and two the man she saw was clearly at least ten years older than her, so that would raise a lot of awkward questions. So all she could do was continue to daydream, and hope one day she'll see him again.

And the day of return to Hogwarts came quickly. It was already September 1st, and it was time to go back. Cara was happy about returning to school, but she was also frustrated 'cause going back meant dealing with stupid professors and love-sick boys who droll over her.

''You have everything packed dear?'' Kathleen, Cara's mom, asked as she was about to escort Cara to the platform. 

''I believe so mother'' she replied, ''if not I'll just buy what I need, or I'll write for you to send it.''

''Very well'' Kathleen nodded her head, taking Cara's hand to apparate them to King Cross. ''Now do try to stay out of trouble. I hate receiving letters from Severus informing me you earned your third detention in a month.''

''I'll try'' Cara nodded, though it was just empty words. She always had a problem controlling her temper, and her parents knew that very well. ''I'll write'' she called over her shoulder before walking through the stone platform.

Every year everything's the same. Children running around, calling their classmates, shouting goodbyes to their parents. Cara's family wasn't the one for long, emotional good-bye's, a simple 'we'll be in touch' was enough. So she proceeded to the usual Slytherin compartment to join Draco. Like always, he was in his usual seat, Crabbe and Goyle across from him. Sometimes the seat next to Draco was occupied by Pansy Parkinson, founder of Draco's fan club as Cara called her, but this time it was empty.

''Excited to go back boys?'' Cara greeted happily sitting next to Draco.

''Apparently not as excited as you'' Draco looked at her curiously, while Crabbe and Goyle only mumble something no one seemed to be interested in.

''Just trying to make you look good'' Cara joked. ''I figured it might improve your reputation if I act like I'm happy to join you, seeing how non of your fans are waiting in line for a hello.''

''Funny'' he replied. ''Pansy did stop by, now that you mentioned, but I told her the seat's reserved for you.''

''I bet she didn't take it well.''

''Not the slightest'' confirmed Draco enjoying his bad-boy behaviour. ''I believe she thought things changed since the end of the year when I shoved her away from my table, so she was pretty disappointed when she realized you're still in the picture.''

''Me?'' Cara asked confused. ''In what picture am I in?''

''Mine. I told Pansy you're the only girl I have any interest in'' he smirked proudly.

''You did not!'' Cara spread her eyes. ''Now I'm gonna have to deal with all the dirty looks the girls will be giving me. Do you enjoy making my life so frustrating?''

''Since when do you care what the bitches talk about you?''

''I don't'' replied Cara, ''it's just annoying, you can't go anywhere without being followed by whispers, and even though I couldn't care less what they have to say you know how it gets on my nerves.''

''Your own fault doll'' said Draco. ''You decided to be friends with such a hot, desirable guy, now deal with it.''

''Fine, fine'' she rolled her eyes. ''Can we change the topic? Goyle, how was your summer?'' she asked, but quickly changed her mind realizing how she didn't actually care about that. ''Actually I'm gonna get some candy, anyone want some?''

''We're good'' Goyle replied lifting an already full bag of candies he and Crabbed bought the second they stepped on the train.

''Bring me whatever you get'' Draco shrugged, ''I probably won't eat it anyway.''

''Than what's the point of bringing you something?'' asked Cara.

''I don't know, I like annoying you I guess'' he smirked, causing Cara to flip him off and walk out of the compartment.

Sure, Draco Malfoy annoyed her, but he was also the only guy she found exciting. This little teasing game of theirs actually became a daily thing, causing people to take it seriously and wonder how the two are still friends. But teasing wasn't what made their friendship special. Almost every night Cara and Draco spent alone in the common room talking about everything, comforting each other, telling each other secrets and making each other promises. Sometimes they would say how weird it is that they're talking about such adult subjects, and it such an adult way, when they are only fourteen, but it was the way the were raised that it came natural. 

Deep in her thoughts Cara walked to the trolley lady and bought a couple of liquorish wands, the only candy she liked. Sucking on one right away, her mind again wandered off to the mystery man, so she didn't even realize she was about to bump into someone until it was too late. And just her luck, in both positive and negative way, it was Harry Potter.

''You okay?'' Harry asked immediately seeing as how he knocked her down on the ground. He extended his hand to help her up.

''Thanks'' Cara replied flashing him a small smile. ''Didn't look where I was going.''

''It's alright, I didn't either'' he said running his hand through his messy hair.

For a moment they both stood there looking at each other, an awkward silence between them, cause there wasn't really anything to be said. They never spoke before in their life, and they sure weren't going to start now. Cara knew there could be nothing worse for her than to be in any way associated with the chosen one.

''Yeah, well'' finally Cara mumbled pulling herself back to reality, and walked pass him back to her compartment. There was something special about Harry Potter, but then again, she knew every other person in the world probably thought the same.