096

calloway ended up in front of his door sweaty, body sore and tear stained cheeks. he hoped his father wasn't home tonight.

he bent down and took the spare key from under the "welcome" mat.

yeah, welcome.

-∷-

"you're lucky your father is working late today, i don't know what's gotten into you but this act this got to stop. you know he doesn't like it."

"i know, but i made-"

she interrupted him mid sentence, "no, no buts you know how your father gets calloway. i wish he wasn't, but that's just his way. so what ever you're doing you need to stop."

calloway's shoulders slumped as he started to finish what he was going to say "i made a friend ma, for the first time i made a friend and i messed it up" calloway still went on. "mom c-can you just, tell me what's wrong with me, i'll fix it mama please..."

her features softened and she pulled him in for a tight hug, "shh baby, there is nothing wrong with you," she stroked her hand through his soft hair, "i'm sorry that things couldn't be better, i never wanted this, you don't deserve any of the pain that your father brings."

calloway completely broke down in her arms, "i'm sorry mama."

"it will be okay, how about you bring your friend around so i can meet him, okay?"

he looked up at her, "really?"

she rested her head on top of his, "i'd give you the world if i could calloway."