☼ That Would Be Enough ☼

Finn's P.O.V.
"She likes me!" Finn exclaimed to his friends.
"Who? That girl who followed you at lunch the other day?" Caleb asked.
"She's not just 'some girl who followed me to lunch the other day'," Finn said, "Her name is Millie. Remember? I literally just told you the other day she was the girl I hated in elementary school."
"Oh, I remember now!" Said Gaten, holding up his finger as if a lightbulb went off in his brain.
"What's so special about her?" Asked Noah, with a confused look on his face.
"Well, she's really sweet, polite, beautiful, smart..." Finn said, continuing on describing Millie.
"Aw, Finny boy is in love!" Caleb cooed, mocking Finn.
"Shut up." Finn said, as he looked down. He was smiling and blushing.
"So.. When are you gonna ask her out?" Gaten said, raising his eyebrows and smirking.
"I dunno..." Finn said. He hadn't thought about that yet. All he knew was that he and Millie liked each other.
• • •
General P.O.V.
Millie arrived at school the next day with an enlightened mood, and a big smile on her face. She was looking for Finn, when all of a sudden somebody hugged her from behind.
"Who is th-" Millie said, cutting herself off when she saw it was Finn.
"Hey Mills." Finn said, hugging her for real. Millie could see out of the corners of her eyes that some jealous girls were staring at them.
"Finn likes her?" Some girl whispered.
"I thought they hated each other." Another said. Finn must've heard them, because he turned to face them and said, "Hated. Not hate. There is a difference between past and present tense." Finn grabbed Millie's hand and pulled her away.
"Wow." Millie said giggling.
"What?" Finn said smirking.
"I liked the way you handled that." Millie said.
"Thanks." Finn said.
• • •
"So, has Finn asked you out yet?!" Said Sadie.
"No. Not yet." I said. But I honestly didn't mind that he hasn't yet. That would be too fast.
"Seriously?" Said Sadie, surprised.
"Yeah." I said laughing.
"I wouldn't expect him to ask me out in an extravagant way though.. I know some girls have high expectations like that. I would be fine with him simply asking the question. That would be enough." I said smiling.
• • •
Just a filler chapter! :)
-Sarah 💜