Chapter 7

Alex and I pulled up to a beach, by the looks of it it looks like Manly beach.

"So this is manly beach. i come here a lot, you will be too. So, get use to the view. "

It's a gorgeous view. The waves are so calm early in the morning because there is no wind. There are about a dozen surfers out the back waiting to catch some waves.

"I wish i was out there. The early morning surfs are the best. But, i have to go to school." He rolls his eyes. Alex is smart, but i feel he's more talented in the ocean.

"It's 8:00, school starts in 30 mins. we should head to school." I've stayed quiet in this conversation. Not because i'm uncomfortable, but because i'm admiring the views, alex and the beach. He pulls out of the park and we head to school. We're about halfway there and alex gets a call. The contact reads 'Bayls', he puts him on speaker.

"yo, gainer guy." Must be a nick name

"Ahhhh hey bro. Where you at? Nick will be here in 5 and the girls are off doing some girl shit." Some girl shit? I mean they're girls but they're not really the girly type. Homework or something? Fuck it.

"Yeah i'll be there in just over 5. "

"Okay, sweet. " and with that, the call ended. These boys must have known each other their whole life. They talk as if their family, and act as if their family too.

The rest of the car ride goes smoothly. We basically chatted about what subjects we have today. Alex and I have math today, I guess we'll see if i need that tutor.

We pull up in school, some girls death staring me and some smiling. I guess if i'm gonna hang out with alex and the boys, i need to get use to all this unnecessary hate.

Walking towards Bayley and nick, i do feel more people starting at me. I keep my head high and don't look back.

"Hey little april. " I am little, i'm 5'5.

"Hey Nick, hey bayley."

They're both so much taller than me. Close to 6foot or even taller. On the other hand, Alex is around 5'8. Short little shit.

"So i'm gonna walk you to your classes today, as nick had the honour to yesterday and alex brings you to school. My turn bitches. "

These boys are like my body guards. I need them, but not to their knowledge. I trust these boys. Even though i've only known them for two days, it feels like forever. Especially alex.

"Okay."

I smile. I couldn't deny such an offer. I don't really know where i'm going and i enjoy the boys company.

I'd like to get closer to the girls. i mean, you can't always hang out with guys when they're doing guy stuff. I say goodbye to nick and alex and head off with Bayley to my chemistry class. It's near my english and my physics class.

Bayley and my woodworks class is on the other side of the school, near where i have HPE with the girls. I do have HPE today, hopefully the girls aren't absent. Bayley drops me off right on the bell, he makes sure I'm in class and i have a good spot.

Alex shows up later. I don't know why alex didn't just walk me, we were heading to the exact same spot. He sits next to me and we both zone out. He zones out into the thought of chemistry, but i zone out and think about what i'm doing...

I'm going to end up hurting these people. One of them is going to get killed, or hurt. i can't get too close to them. Kennedy, ugh what the fuck are you doing! You're so selfish, you had to make friends didn't you, you had to put these people's life of risk. I need to distance myself. I need to re-think what i'm doing. The bell dismisses us. i don't walk to class. i head straight to the bathroom. I have some thinking and maybe a melt down. It's all too much.