Gone ~ Waxer

A/N:  This one shot is also written in the third person (not second like normally).

This is a shorter one and I know I have many requests to finish, but I feel the need to write this right now. I had a terrible day and I just need to write this now. Here is the one shot inspired by my life. 

Warnings: Major Character Death (kinda?)  Suicidal thoughts/actions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"General, he's gone," Boil informed her. Those were the only words she feared. She was used to words of verbal abuse. Words of harassment. Words of discourage. But those were the only words she couldn't bear to hear.

She put her head in her hands, Boil's que to leave. All of her sobbing could have filled the oceans of Kamino. Her hand reached to her neck as she grasped the necklace around it. With her other hand, she unclasped it and held it in her hands. She moved her hands a bit to allow light to reflect off the small gem on the rectangle charm that resembled the aurebesh W. Her hand tightened around the necklace as her tears failed to subside. 

Regardless of what she was being told, she knew it was her fault. Yes, Master Kenobi was telling her it was by no means her fault, but she didn't believe him. She knew if she wasn't shot in the leg during the last battle, she would have been there on Umbara. She would have been there to protect him. But she wasn't there. She was stuck in a medical base. 

Her shirt was soaked in her tears as her memories with him flooded her mind. That's when she realized, she never got to say goodbye. She was in an operation when he was deployed to Umbara. All she had was a small note he left for her. 

"See you soon, going to Umbara. I love you. XOXO, Waxer."

But he wasn't going to see her soon, and he didn't know that. The note was in her hand, tears falling upon it making the ink smear. He was the last one that openly cared. He was always there for her. He actually loved her. Yes, she had many friends, but the ones that meant the most to her seemed to disregard her. The Jedi Council was her family, yet they constantly mocked her and compared her to Anakin. Waxer was the only person she could ever get love and support from, and now he was gone, because she wasn't there to protect him. 

Almost instantly, old habits kicked in. She looked around her medical room, a bulletin board next to her bed caught her eye. Before she reached for the board, she looked at the necklace. He got it for her birthday just last month. She pulled a paper and tack off the board. The paper was just some lab work done on her, but that wasn't what she wanted. She tossed it on the floor and held the tack in her free hand. It was all she had. There was nothing else available, including Waxer. He got the pain out of her mind. 

"I am so sorry Waxer," she whispered as tears continued to fall down her face. She clenched the hand with the necklace as tight as she could and held the fist up against her face. 

It was time for old habits to return. They left once she met Waxer, but he was gone now. She laid down on her bed and pulled the blankets over her. Necklace in one hand, tack in the other. She felt pathetic with the tack, but it was all she could use.

Slowly she pushed it into her waist, tightening up her face. She pulled the tack across her side then stuck it a small distance away from the original hole, just to repeat the same action. And she kept repeating and repeating it, tears still flowing, but it wasn't just because the pain, it was Waxer. 

She suddenly stopped, throwing the tack across the room. "What would Waxer say?" she finally thought, remembering that she promised him she'd never do this again. Her cries became the hardest ever since she heard the news. Loud enough for Waxer's good friend Boil to hear. 

"What's wrong?!" he asked, rushing into her room, worried beyond belief. She wanted to reply to him, but all she could do was cry. She missed Waxer. She missed him and Boil was fully aware. He pulled her in for a hug, feeling a wet sensation on his arm. He looked down to see his arm soaked in a red liquid. Boil  began to lift up the side of her shirt to see the source of the blood. She pushed his hand down and wrapped her arms around him.

"I need him, I love him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Uh, so yeah. Kind of a sad one but I mean I hope you all somewhat enjoyed it. The next one  shot is going to be all fluff. This is probably the last sad one.