Chapter 5: Eye of Agamotto

"Once, in this room, you begged me to let you learn. Now I'm told you question every lesson, preferring to teach yourself or with (y/n)." The Ancient One said as she leads Strange into her sanctuary.

"Once, in this room, you told me to open my eyes. Now I'm told to blindly accept rules that make no sense." Strange retorted back at her.

"Like the rule against conjuring a gateway in the library?" She asked.

"Wong told on me?" Strange asked with a smirk.

"You're advancing quickly with your sorcery skills. You need a safe space to practice your spells." said The Ancient One as she waves her hands down the hall.

Strange heard what sounded like a mirror cracking and the Ancient One disappearing into a gateway. He follows after her and see that the Sanctuary is mirrored. "You are now inside the Mirror Dimension. Ever present but undetected by what happens here. We use the Mirror Dimension to train, surveil, and sometimes to contain threats. You don't want to be stuck in here without your sling ring." She said as Strange looks around.

He sees a woman walking up to a table setting up a tray of tea. He walks over to her but she doesn't respond to him. He waves his hand in front of her face and again she doesn't respond to it.

"Hold on. Sorry, what do you mean, threats?" Strange asked The Ancient One.

"Learning of an infinite multiverse included learning of infinite dangers. And if I told you everything else that you don't already know, you'd run from here in terror." She replied as she waves her hand and the gateway appears. "Also, I know it wasn't just you that conjured the gateway in the library." She said as she looks at Strange over her shoulder, giving a knowing look.

Fall was approaching as Strange stands on the training ground with Mordo. On the other side of the grounds, was you and the Ancient One, who was watching you train a student on hand to hand combat.

"So, just how ancient is she?" Strange asked Mordo, nodding his head towards the Ancient One.

Mordo, who was on his knees lacing up his boots, looks up at him and said. "No one knows the age of the Sorcerer Supreme. Only that she is Celtic and never talks about her past."

"You follow her even though you don't know?" Strange asked in disbelief.

"I know that she's steadfast, but unpredictable. Merciless, yet kind. She made me what I am. Trust your teacher. And don't lose your way." said Mordo.

"Like Kaecilius?" Strange asked him.

"That's right." Mordo replied.

"You knew him." Strange said.

Mordo nods and said. "When he first came to us, he'd lost everyone he ever loved. He was a grieving and broken man, searching for answers in the mystic arts. A brilliant student, but he was proud, headstrong. Questioned the Ancient One, rejected our teaching. He left Karmar-Taj. His disciples followed him like sheep seduced by false doctrine. He wanted (y/n) to join him but she rejected."

Strange looks at Mordo for a monent then looks over at you. "Really?" He asked.

"Yes, he wouldn't admit it out loud but Kaecilius had a soft spot for (y/n) and she is very powerful and he thought, since they were close friends, that she would follow him as well. But once he told her what he was doing she said no." Mordo said.

"He stole the forbidden ritual, right?" Strange asked.

"Yeah." Mordo said as he stands up.

"What did it do?" Strange asked him.