Chapter 41. Broken Phones ✔️

"So, where to?" Stone asks.

I smile. "Well first I have to go to the grocery store real quick." I say.

"The grocery store?" Nick asks.

I shrug, "Yup." I say with a smile.

"Okay then." Stone says as he puts his camaro into drive. I turn on the radio and put my feet up on the dash.

"Why does Skylar get to put her feet on your dash? You freak at every single person who does it." Avery asks Stone.

I look at him and he just looks at me and shrugs. "Because I do whatever the fuck I want." I say with a smirk.

"Yeah pretty much what she said." He says to her.

She chuckles and rolls her eyes. I turn the radio up so I can't hear her. Stone chuckles and shakes his head at me. The sun is shining right in our eyes. I reach under my legs and into the glove box and get the two pairs of ray bans. I hand one to Stone as I put the other one on my face.

The song changes and I smile. I start singing the lyrics to Summer of 69'. The rest of the people in the car join me and we sing four more songs until we get to the grocery store.

"I will be right back. Stay here." I say to them. They nod their heads. I make sure my wallet is in my pocket and I jump out of the car. I speed walk into the store and right to a certain isle. I grab what I need from that isle and go to two more before I finish. I walk over to self check out and ring myself out. I grab my bags and speed walk to Stone's car. When I get there I get really dizzy and sore.

"So what did you buy?" Stone asks me.

I smile. I pull out a package of paper bowls, plastic spoons, a half galloon of milk, a box of fruit loops, and a box of captain crunch. "Breakfast." I say.

Everybody laughs. "Are you serious?" Avery asks me.

I nod. "I promised breakfast didn't I?"

"Well no one is eating in my car." Stone says.

"Well then find a place for us to eat." I say. He turns back to the road and pauses. He then starts the car and drives out of the parking lot. We drive for fifteen minutes before we come to a park with a pond, a playground, and some picnic tables. Stone pulls into a parking spot and turns the car off. We all get out and walk over to a table. I start handing out bowls and Avery opens the cereal and Stone opens the milk and spoons.

Once everybody has everything we start eating. "This is an interesting picnic." Nick says.

"Oh please. This is the best picnic you have ever been on." I say with a smirk.

He laughs a little. "Yeah right. You wish."

After eating a few bites my arm gets really really sore. I put my spoon in my bowl and rub my arm. "You okay?" Avery asks me.

I nod. "Yeah I'm fine. I'm just a little sore that's all." She nods.

"Do you want me to feed you?" She asks in a little kids voice.

I stick my tongue out at her. "No mother I'm fine." I say.

She smiles at me and I smile back. I grab my spoon again and keep eating through the pain. "Skye do you remember your birthday party when we were 7?" Avery asks.

I nod. "Yeah. It was my birthday after all." I say.

She rolls her eyes at me. "That's not what I meant loser."

I just smile and shrug my shoulders as I scoop another bite of captain crunch with some fruit loops into my mouth. "Okay what about it?" I ask her.