Chapter 19. Twister ✔️

I follow the little boy up to his room. When he opens the door and I smile. I'm going to get along with this kid great.

Covered all over his walls are nascar posters. "You like nascar?" I ask him.

He turns around and smiles. "I love nascar!" He says to me. I think I finally broke him out of his shell.

"Me too!" I say back to him. "Who is your favorite driver?"

He doesn't even hesitate. "Jimmie Johnson!"

My smile widens! "He's my favorite too! Can I tell you a little secret?" I ask him. He nods his head. "I've met him!"

His eyes go wide. "What? Are you serious?" I nod my head and laugh. "That's so cool!" He says to me.

I smile and nod again. "Skye?" I hear.

I turn around and get engulfed in a hug. "Hey Soph! How are you?"

She smiles. "Good. What are you doing here?"

I smile. "I'm going to be eating with you tonight!"

Her eyes go wide. "Awesome!" I laugh.

"Do you want to play twister?" Roland asks me.

Oh god. I'm going to suck at twister. "I don't know."

"That game sucks." Brayden says while leaning in the door frame.

"Says anyone who isn't good at the game." I challenge him.

He smirks at me. "Oh I'm not saying I suck at the game. I'm saying I'm so good that the game sucks."

"Oh yeah?" I say.

He nods his head. "Yeah."

"Well then. I bet I can beat you." I challenge again.

He smirks at me and put his phone down. "Game on Boston. Game on."

Boston? Oh my accent. Makes sense. Sophie jumps up and down and claps. I follow Roland and Brayden down the stairs. I make Roland practice his math. Roland gets the game and put it up in the game room which is back upstairs across from the bathroom. Brayden and I stretch. This is going to be intense. I remove my shoes so we both are in our socks. Good thing I'm wearing a baggy shirt and basket ball shorts.

I quickly take my phone and text my aunt where I am and that I'm eating over. I put my phone down and Brayden and I step on to the mat.

"Okay. Let's have a nice clean game. No poking, spitting, biting, slapping, or tickling. Understand?" Roland says to us. We both nod our heads. "Okay then." He gets all serious. "Right foot green."

Brayden and I take our places. After ten minutes Brayden and I are all tangled. I hear the front door open. I then hear someone come up the stairs.

"Why are you guys, Cupcake?" He asks me. I look through Brayden's arm and smile at him.

"Oh. Hey Stone." I say.

"Right hand yellow."

We both shift. "Why are you and my brother playing twister? If you wanted to play twister you and I sure could have went at it." He says to me.

"Because he said he was the best so I challenged him." I say nonchalantly. Ignoring the second part.

He nods his head. He draws out the next word. "Okay. Follow up. Why are you here?"

"Mom invited her to eat dinner with us because she helped Roland with his math." Brayden says.

"Left hand green."