Chapter Five - A Bathe

-John-

Slowly waking up the next day I, after about 10 minutes of just laying there, realise that there is something heavy laying over my arm. I open my eyes and look over at what, who, is on my arm. It's Sherlock and I realise that he must have fallen asleep about the same time as I last night. Or maybe it was early this morning. I don't know.

But I am strangely aware of that he is resting his head on my arm. And why is it so tempting to reach out my other arm and let some of my fingers comb through his dark curls. I think the only thing stopping me is the realisation that he is trained to wake up from the smallest of sounds or movements. I have an impulse​ to free my arm but I don't want to wake him. He looks peaceful.

So I decide to just lay there until he wakes up.

-One Week Later-

I was actually a little sad to say goodbye to Claude, she and I turned good friends during the week she was here. But she promised to write and I would write back. She has been good help in these questioning times and I have come to terms with what my sexuality is. I am gay, only attracted to other males. I should probably tell father and mother before they arrange for another Princess to visit.

Sherlock and I goes for a walk in the forest. I used to play here when I was younger. In a bit we reach a little lake in the forest and I put my hand in the water to feel it's temperature. It's actually not that cold. I take of my shoes and my shirt and walks out in the water until it reaches my shoulders. I turn back to look at Sherlock who gives me a look that clearly asks what the hell I think I'm doing.

"Come on Sherl, come bathe. The water is nice." I shout. He blushes slightly.

"Don't call me that." He pouts and I laugh.

"Whatever you say Lock." I lay back in the water and relaxes. I can almost hear his response​ to the nickname.

-Sherlock-

"Do not call me that Prince!" I yell at him but he doesn't hear me as he has both his ears under the water. He sinks under the water and reappears a few seconds later. I sit down in the grass and waits for the Prince to finish his bathing. After what seems like an eternity later, but is actually just half an hour later, the Prince apparently decides that he is done and finally starts to make his way up on the land again.

It's very embarrassing how hot the Prince is with water running down his body and the sun shining on his bare chest. I hide my face in my hands to prevent me from staring and I pray that I'm not blushing as much as it feels like I am.

I feel some cold drops of water hitting me and I look up to see the Prince shake some water of him on me. I shoot up and takes a few steps back to avoid the water. The prince laughs and I roll my eyes.

"Put on your dry clothes and lets go back to the castle now prince."

"Yes sir." He says in a mocking tone.

Walking back to the castle takes slightly longer than getting to the lake. Probably because the Prince keeps complaining over that he has to walk in wet pants from bathing in them I told him politely to suit himself.

We get back in good time to eat dinner with the Prince's family. The Queen and the King doesn't say it but I can sense that they are a little disappointed in their son for not wanting to marry Claudette.

-Later That Evening-

-John-

I feel like it's time to write a letter to Claude. She wrote me a letter that arrived a day ago and I have to answer.

Dear Princess Claude

I'm well. I hope it went well to tell your parents about Mary as you said you would in the letter​ you sent me. If not you are always welcome to stay here in Britain.

As you know I have come to terms with my sexuality. Thank you for your help. Sadly I have yet to find someone that I like in that way.

I hope you are well. It would be nice to meet sometime again. Hopefully soon.

Best wishes to you and Mary

-Prince John

After writing the letter and sending it away I run to my class in which I learn math. It's not my strongest aide but if I make an effort I learn pretty fast. I just need someone that is good at explaining what it is I am supposed to do. Luckily I will not have to take any more French classes. I think both me and my teacher is relieved over that.

After my last class for the day I return to my chambers and Sherlock helps me understand the questions on my math homework. He is very helpful. But I would be lying if I said that having him so close that our arms are touching wasn't distracting.

Written: 11th & 12th February 2017
Published: 16th February 2017
Words: 902