one

light had seeped into my eyelids at one point, interrupting me from a perfect and relaxing nap. i squeezed my eyes shut, refusing to believe i was awake yet. i'm gonna be honest - i felt like absolute shit. my head was throbbing and my knees felt a little knocked up. my ears had a faint ring still buzzing around, like something you'd see in action movies. i suppose the best part of my current situation would be how comfortable i was. my bones would literally merge with the cushioning i was on if they could. and this indoor heating? i feel like im in hawaii, but indoors. where ever i was, it must be pretty nice.

oh, fuck, reality hit me. the last thing i remember was falling in a park, so where the hell was i now? i recall someone else there; was i chasing them, or were they chasing me? who was it again?

"hun, please. can we at least look him over for any serious injuries?"

"i would love to help him, you know that, sweetie. but you and i both know how risky it would be to just take him in again."

voices? or am i going fucking insane? my eyes opened on the instinct of fear. i was in an empty room that was very, very green.

"i know, i know. but babe, he's in need of our help. how about for just a few days; and if he starts acting up, we can dump him on the streets, forever. i promise. just this once."

a couple? who's god forsaken house was i in?

"you have too big of a heart for your own good, edd. i guess we can help him out a bit." the sounds of a quick kiss ended the debate there.

fuck, edd? wait, oh shit, oh fuck no. there's no way i'm inside edd's house - apartment? - right now. i have to get out of here. where's the nearest window? the sounds of foot steps coming closer to an open door. i shut my eyes once again, not wanting to make this more awkward for myself that it already is.

"i think he's waking up, matt."

i went along with his assumption, and i let a few moans slip out as i tried to reenact my awakening, poorly done if i may add.

"tord, ya awake yet? matt and i need to talk to you."

fucking my luck, being rescued. by the exact people i betrayed before.

"mhm," i grunted in response before opening my eyes for a third time within a span of five minutes. i pulled a jesus christ and sat up, back perfectly straight and legs crossed in old-fashioned butterfly position. moving my arm up to rub the sleep from my eyes, i mumbled, "what's it?"

"so," edd took a deep breath before continuing, as if he was trying to figure out what to say, "would you like to stay with us while we help you recover?"

my hand froze as it was digging into my eyeball. my pupils went directly to his figure, where i stared at him for a minute or so, not moving a muscle. "you're a dumbass," i said, dropping my shoulders. "of course i'll accept your offer" i continued before matt could curse me out, "as i'm extremely desperate for a place to stay considering the upcoming weather conditions, but you should never let dangerous people into your house. matt, you should always put his and your own safety first, never what he wants."

the room fell quiet after my bundle of words. luckily edd was able to cease the tension, asking, "oh, well, are you hungry? can we whip you up something?"

"i could take an apple if it's not too much of a bother. other than that i'm fine," even though i had just lectured them about not bringing strangers who could harm them into their home, i knew to be grateful for them. "oh, and do you have any sweatpants i could borrow? and a shirt, if you don't mind?" i stood up and out of the bed while matt left the room, probably to check his hair in the bathroom mirror.