Friday, February 3, 2017

I walk to my locker, open it, and pick up the box of candy sitting there. Today the package is green and it contains tart candy hearts. I peel off the sticky note and read it. This is becoming routine for me.

Because I'm sour that it's Friday, but you give my life a little sweetness.
-Someone xx

I smile slightly at the note and stuff it with the others in my binder. I pull out a green heart that says "luv you" on it and suck on it. It's a little sour, but it still tastes good.

I take my seat in English and wait for Brendon to sit next to me. Sure enough, he plops down into the plastic chair with a frustrated look on his face, and he's shaking like a chihuahua.

"What's got your panties in a twist, hun?"

I've taken a liking to calling Brendon "hun." He seems to like it too. If he doesn't, he hasn't told me to stop yet, so I'll keep going.

"The school has my panties in a twist."

"Why?"

"I asked them if I could bring a guy to the dance and they said no."

"Bullshit."

"I wish."

"Mr. Urie, Mr. Weekes. Care to tell me what's more important than grammar?" The teacher says saltily.

"GAY RIGHTS." Brendon slams his fist on the desk. The teacher jumps and puts a stern look on her face.

"Office. Now. Both of you."

"This is really your fault, sir."

"How so, Mr. Urie?"

"You won't let me bring my date to the dance. He's gorgeous and I want to show him off, but you won't let me bring him."

"Mr. Urie, we have policies."

"So does America. We don't go to a private Catholic school, therefore there should be no discrimination, nor should there be anything less than support of LGBT students. I could bring this to court. I could have this school sued because you're oppressing and discriminating against LGBT students. Is it really worth it, sir?"

Brendon expertly manipulates the principle. I watch it with my own two eyes. I'm amazed, impressed, and scared.

"N-Now, Mr. Urie, that is unnecessary, let me assure yo-"

"Let me take my boyfriend to the Valentine's Dance."

"Alright, fine. Just get out of my office."

Brendon and I walk out, Brendon sporting a new smug look on his face, as if he's just been dealt the best hand in the game.

"Who's your boyfriend?" I ask hesitantly. I'm afraid to know the answer.

"Don't have one," he says. "Yet."

"Oh."

Brendon and I skip second period to hang out in the boys' restroom, and we talk about what we'll do besides watch movies this weekend.

"Well, there's weed."

"I'd rather not."

"Alright," Brendon laughs. "Oh, hey lunch is soon."

"Oh, yeah it is."

Brendon and I head to the cafeteria and eat quickly before anyone else gets there. Once we finish, we hang out in the bathroom again. Then the bell rings all too soon, forcing us to part ways.

"I'll see you later, Dal."

"See ya," I smile and wave as Brendon walks off.

I turn around and start walking to health, which I absolutely dread.

I open my locker and I'm greeted with two boxes of candy hearts and a sticky note. I let myself smile about it and I read the note.

Since I can't give them to you over the weekend. Enjoy, baby doll.
-Someone xx

I put the note in my binder and the candy in my pocket, then rush out to Brendon's car, not wanting to be in the school any longer than I have to be.

"You look happy," he smiles.

"No reason."

"Yeah there is. Tell me," Brendon says as he faces me. I groan for a second, wondering if I should tell him or not, but I ultimately cave.

"Even if the whole secret admirer thing is a practical joke, I'm enjoying it. I like the attention. A lot. I mean, they called me baby doll in their note today and... I don't know, Bren. I feel flattered. I really wanna know who it is." I hide my blush in my hands.

"I'm sure they'll tell you eventually."

"God, I hope."

Brendon and I get to my house and immediately watch The Bee Movie. Brendon insists because "it's one of the few movies that has an excuse to make puns."

I think it's just because he's weird and has horrible taste in humor.

"According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly," Brendon recites with the movie.

I open one of the boxes of candy and notice a little piece of paper stuffed in the box. I pull it out and smile.

You're too beautiful, baby boy. Smile more.
-Someone xx

"Aw."

"What's that, Dal?"

"Nothin'. Just awing."

"What are you in awe of?" You.

"This." I show him the note with a blush.

"Aw."

"See? I can't... Brendon, I've gotta find out who it is."

"I'm sure you will, Dal. I'm sure you will."

(a/n: short chapter :) anywqyss, anyone reading this?)