"How was your night?" My mother asks me while in the car on our way to breakfast, her voice tearing me from my thoughts.

"Fine," I answer shortly.

"Just fine?" Reign butts in. "I'm pretty sure the entire floor heard you moaning last night."

Laughing along with her I slap her as my mother glares at her. She isn't a fan of my best friend's ribald humor, though if I'm being completely honest, I don't think my mother is a fan of anything or anyone that isn't boring or her definition of normal. Her need for people to be a certain way is out of control. I idly wonder where she gets that from. It must be something from her childhood.

"Okay, fine, it was in-fucking-credible." I feel my cheeks heating up as my mind recounted my night. It was mind-blowing. Being on top, making love to Hayden, was far better than I could have ever fantasized.

"You were both so drunk last night how could either one of you give your permission?" My mother felt the need to ask.

"As if it's any of your business Mom, we were both in our right mind." I don't know about Hayden, but I was.

"Eleanor," Reign begins cutting her off before she gets to say anything else, "can I call you Eleanor? Alice is a grown woman in a very happy relationship with an amazing guy. You lost your privileges to tell her who she can and can't date thirteen years ago when you left her. Lighten up and be happy for her."

"Does she know he's a sex addict too?" My eyes widen as my mother spills Hayden's secrets to my best friend and Rose. Both women sharing bewildered expressions. "How dare you tell me to be happy when this man is a fucking monster?"

"Mom, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

Reign glares at me, her eyes like daggers, "Alice is this true?"

I consider telling her the truth but I can't. I will not betray Hayden the way my mother did. It was never her place to expose Hayden just as it isn't mine. This is Hayden's story to tell, not mine. I've worked so hard to build his trust that sharing this personal part of his life with anyone will just ruin everything. "No, of course not."

"I work with liars for a living, and we've been best friends since we were seven, I know your tell, Alice." She tells me, letting me know that she knows I'm lying.

"If it's true and I'm not saying it is," Rose jumps in trying to cut some of the tension in the car, "there must be a logical reason as to why she wouldn't tell anyone." I look at her with thankful eyes and she smiles in return.

The signature ring tone for Hayden plays throughout the car and I almost choose not to answer at this moment, with all of their eyes on me. I clear my throat as I answer, "Hey babe."

"I hope you won't be incensed with me but I have to go back home."

My brows knitting together in confusion, "What? Why?"

"It's work, I would have done it here but I need to be at the office and since it will take ages to get back I will be leaving shortly. Shall I come to you to say goodbye before I go?"

"Please." Maybe this is a good thing. He won't have to deal with my mother or Reign since he'll be going back home but I'm going to miss him. We were having so much fun here and it's only been day one of the seven days.

"Okay, I'll see you soon."

"Okay bye."

Neither Reign nor my mother is looking at me when I hang up the phone call, it was Rose who was worried, "Everything okay?"

"Hayden is leaving to go back home." I can't even hide the disappointment in my voice. I want him to stay here with me, I don't want him to leave.

"Why?" This is Reign asking now. She is no longer angry with Hayden, she seems almost sad that he's going.