Chapter 40. Hospitals ✔️

There is no music anymore and everybody is outside. I look back up at Cam. Tears start to fill my eyes. "I want to go home." I say hoarsely.

His eyes soften as I let the tears leave my eyes. His whole body is over mine and from the looks of it he is soaking wet. I reach up and wrap my arms around his neck. His arms immediately go around my back as he sits us up. I just start to cry into his chest.

My whole body is hurting. My head is pounding. My chest is on fire. And I want to go home. I feel Stone start to stand up. He takes my legs and carries me bridal style as I keep my head pressed into his chest.

"The paramedics should be here any minute now." I hear Jake say.

"Skye!" I hear Avery say as I feel someone touch my arm.

I don't say anything, I can't. "Avery, phone." Rylee says.

"Come on. Let's take her to the front of the house." Stone says. He starts walking.

"No mom she's okay. She's breathing now. Yes and talking. The paramedics should be here soon. Okay I will meet you at the hospital." I hear my cousin say.

We continue walking. I stop crying. "I'm so tired." I say.

Stone jerks us so I fumble in his arms. "You have to stay awake Skylar. No matter what until we reach the hospital."

I nod and look up at him. He looks down at me. "I'm sorry." I say.

He doesn't say anything. "For what?" He just asks.

"I just am." I say. We hear the sirens. Stone doesn't put me down even when the ambulance comes to a stop. He doesn't put my down until they pull out the gurney and wheel it over to us.

"Is this the girl?" One of the male paramedics ask.

I look at him. "No it's the other wet girl."

"Put her here son." He says to Cam. Cam listens.

They lift it so I'm sitting up and start to strap me on to it. They start to load me into the ambulance. "Only two can come with us." The paramedics say.

"I'm family." Avery says as she starts to climb into the ambulance.

I lock eyes with Stone. "Cam?" I ask. "Will you come?"

Without being have to be asked twice, he jumps into the ambulance. The female paramedic shuts the doors and climbs into the front. She turns the ambulance on and starts driving away. "Are you okay ma'am?" The first paramedic asks me.

I nod. "Yeah but can she put on the sirens?" I ask with a smile.

They all start laughing. "She's fine." Avery says.

I smile at her. The driver puts on the sirens. "Thank you!" I yell.

The paramedic on my side looks at me as the other one starts to take my blood pressure and heart rate.

"I'm going to put a warm IV into your arm to try and bring your temperature up more." He says to me.

My eyes go wide. "Oh great. Needles." I say.

"It won't hurt." He says to me. I raise an eyebrow at him. He chuckles. "Okay it will hurt." He says as he sticks me with it. I watch him. My eyes go wide as my scars are exposed. Everybody is looking at them. It's very hard to miss.

"Now. Starting from the beginning what happened?" The other dude asks.

I nod and try to remember. "Well we were at the party and I kicked Cameron's ass in pool." I say with a smirk. He rolls his eyes. "Then my brother called me and I took the call outside because it was quieter. Once I was done I ran into this blonde bimbo and she ended up bumping into me and I fell into the pool. I remember hitting the water and hitting my head on the concrete edge but then the next thing I know I'm having a flash back of a childhood memory until I heard Stone's voice and that's when I woke up soaking wet." I say.