It's the best place to be at Christmas time.

calum's pov

"I'm home" I yelled, dragging my suitcase through the doors of the familiar house. Footsteps came closer to me, I was wrapped in a hug from Amaya.

"I missed you." She said into the crook of my neck, hugging my waist like her life depended on it.

"I missed you too, Amae" (a-may) i laughed, dropping my bags to hug her back. I rubbed her hair, then scratched her back. "How's school been?" I asked, taking my bags back up to my room.

"Good, I guess. We went to the NYU practice concert type thing; it was basically a seating test but it wasn't; so it was kinda like a practice seating test." She explained, sitting in the bean bag chair in the corner.

"Oh?" I asked, unpacking my bags and putting the clothes into my dresser. "How was that?" I dropped my bag on the floor, falling back onto my bed. The same dark blue duvet and sheets were still on my bed.

All the posters were still hung up on the walls of my room, the various soccer players, bands, and random pictures I taped on my wall.

"It was good actually, i have a favorite from the cello section; she played a really pretty song. She looked really familiar." She was now laying upside down in the chair; twisting her hair into little spirals.

"I don't want to hear it Amaya." I groaned, stuffing my hands in my face.

"You don't even know who I'm talking about." She huffed ,"besides, Scarlett quit cello."

"Really?" I asked, anxious to hear why.

"No she still plays." She smiled, "she is my favorite in the cello section." She smiled deviously at me. "Well I'm going to see Violet now, bye." She called running down the stairs of our smaller house.

I took the landscape drawing of Times Square out of my bag and grabbed the beanie and scarf out of my bag and made my way out of the house. The city was just as busy, if not busier due to the holidays. The familar sounds of cars honking and car engines running. The snow fell, leaving snowflakes all over the cement; the lights of the Times Square central, made it so I didn't need a flashlight. I stopped in middle of the sidewalk, looking at the picture, the bright red colors, the brown bench, and the snow falling over the bench and in the distance. This was the exact spot she drew this in; or at least I think it is. I sat down on the bench, listening to the cars, the people passing by, the footsteps on the pavement. It was peaceful, unusually peaceful. The sound brought some kind of ease to me; it felt right.

While admiring my suroundings, a body stopped right in front of me, blocking my view of the lights. "Do you mind?" I asked, my voice has become deeper since I was last in New York. I tried loooking up to see her face, but all I saw was black hair.

"Do you mind?" She asked, snapping at me, "I always come here." She sassed.

"Okay, little miss princess," I snarled at her, "then I'll leave, enjoy." I snapped getting up and walked away.

I heard footsteps chase behind me, "hold on!" The girls voice from earlier called, "I'm sorry." She muttered, barely audible.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I smirked,

"Shut up." She snapped, "it tasted like vinegar coming out of my mouth." I laughed; sometthing about her seemed refreshing. Familiar.

"So, tell me about yourself?" I asked, walking up the street with her, the lights becoming more ambient.

"Well, I just dyed my hair black today." She laughed, music was all I heard. "Um.." She paused, "I like music." She laughed again.

"What kind?" I asked, tilting my head.