12

*listen to U.N.I. by Ed Sheeran during this bc oW*

*it's three months ahead so it's august in the story by the way bYE*

scarlett's pov

It's been three months since I've seen him.

Three months since I was last happy.

Three months since I felt love.

"Scarlett?" Violet's voice rang through the door, "it's time to go." The door cracked open, she looked through the crack; reminding me of what Calum wrote, how he'd always watch me through the door cracks.

I let my tears fall at the memory of him; I crawled out of my bed, tear stained sheets and pillows dragging behind me. I grabbed my glasses off the stand next to my bed; then walked to where my suitcases were piled in the corner of my room. I walked out of the room with my suitcases and cello case, seeing my empty face, pale, make-up less, and lifeless. The day he left was the day a part of me left as well.

I went to the Hood's house a few times to see Amaya; since we've become close since he left. She had no one around her age to talk to; she didn't even know he was serious about leaving for California. The last time I saw Amaya she said she hated Calum for leaving; for hurting everyone who didn't know. We all knew she was lyinng when she said she hated Calum; because even I can't bring myself to hate him; even though that's all I want.

"Ready to take on the NYU campus?" Violet smiled, putting our things in the trunk of the car. I fake smiled back at her; we only lived thirty minutes away from the campus and we're moving into the dorms, which is weird.

We drove down the city, watching the lights of Times Square light up the city during the night. I rummaged through my bag, looking for the drawing I did of Times Square during winter; I looked through every crevise and spot of my bag; no where to be seen. I sighed, propping my head against the warm window. That was Calum's favorite drawing I ever made; he always said it made him feel warm inside. "Here." Violet smiled, turning off the cars engine.

I pushed the passenger side door open and got out, grabbing the bags I put up front. Violet grabbed the suit cases out of the trunk, and put them on a cart. I grabbed my cello case out of the back and wheeled it into the dormitory check in; leaving Violet with the luggage. "Violet and Scarlett Dawson." I said to the receptionist at the check-in area.

"You're all checked in, you'll be in room 456, enjoy your learning her at NYU!" She cheered as I walked away from her. Violet walking quickly behind me.

"Slow down a second will you?" She snapped at me, "just because you're pissed off at the world doesn't mean you have to be rude to everyone else." She walked in front of me, snapping and muttering curse words under her breath.

~~

Today was our first day of classes; I'm in the psychiatry major; so I'll be here for four years then another four years at medical school. Violet is studying counselling; she's going to be great at it; judging from our past with my problems.

Today we just learnt the basics of the school, what we'll be learning these four years, and every other thing the teachers had to say about themselves and who they are and why they were intersested in studying psychiatry. It was boring the first four classes of non-stop hearing teachers talk about themselves.

I got to my last class of the day, then I had symphony orchestra for the last actual part of my day. "Afternoon everyone." The voice of a female filled the room; everyone rushed to a seat in the class. Everyone went to the back; leaving a spot in the front just for me. I sighed and drug me feet to the seat. "I am Marigold Black, but to you I am Ms. Black." She said sternly, I laughed at her last name; thinking back to Sirius Black from the Harry Potter series. Her head swung in my direction, her eyes landed on me, she smiled. "Not from the Harry Potter series students. That is simply a work of fiction." She walked back to her seat.