What Dreams Are Made Of

You and Enzo have been friends for an eternity, long before he even met his girlfriend, Liz. You started developing feelings for him soon in your friendship, but decided to never come clean, afraid you'd push him away.

Truth is... you always had that slight hope that he felt the same way and that one day he would wake up decided to fight for you. But that day never came. And you ended up losing him anyway.

A year ago he met Liz, and day by day, they started getting closer and closer, and it hurt you so much. But you always managed to cover it, so he never got suspicious of anything.

You loved him so much, and it frustrated and upset you... why you couldn't have that type of relationship with him, or why you couldn't captivate him the way she did, or even why he couldn't see you that way.

Soon enough, they started dating, and now it's been almost 8 months. You, Cass, Carmella and Enzo left NXT around 6 months ago. Consequently, Enzo had to leave Liz behind, but their relationship survived all obstacles. It hurts, but you're still happy for him. In the end, all you wanted was for him to be happy. If had to be with her... be it.

Well, that's how you thought till today... until that bitch broke his heart. You heard a faint knock on your hotel door. You open it absentmindedly, only getting back to reality when Enzo barges inside, sniffing quietly as he pulls you into a tight hug.

"Hey, hey, Zo? What happened?" You ask worriedly, as you extend your arm to close the door behind you.

"She... she fucking cheated, (y/n)." He sniffles once again, trying to maintain composure. "She cheated multiples times and then, I found out and called her today, she hung up on me, only to break up with me through a fucking text right after."

"That fucking bitch." You hiss lowly, hugging him tighter. How dare she? How dare she hurt him? You'd be whooping her ass when you next saw her, that's for sure. "I'm sorry, Zo. You didn't deserve this. You really didn't."

"Maybe... Maybe I did. Maybe I started neglecting her. Maybe... I don't know." He starts rambling, pulling back from you and getting further inside, then sitting down on the bed. You walk his way and sit beside him.

"No, you didn't. You did everything but neglecting her... If something, you loved her too much." You snap, annoyed, yet trying not to sound rough. "You called and texted her all the time, you made her surprises... You showed her you cared and you loved her. You honored your commitment. She was the one who didn't value it." You assure him, your hand rubbing his knee soothingly. "I'd give anything to be loved that way by..." You trail off, when you notice what you were about to say.

"By...?" He presses you to finish, narrowing his eyes in confusion.

"Uh, nothing. Just forget it. Really." You mumble, trying to get yourself off the hook. But you knew him better he wasn't going to back off. And maybe, this was a sign for you to come clean.

"Hm, hm." He shakes his head negatively. "No way. You were about to say something and I want to know what it was."

"You really want to know?" You ask, trying to make some time to gather more courage for what you were about to do, as he nods effusively. "Okay. Fine. I... uh. Well, I..." You start stuttering, but the words wouldn't come out.

"Oh c'mon, (y/n), just spill it." He cuts you off, frustrated.

"What I was about to say was that... I'd give anything to be loved that way by you." You watch your words settle down in his features, before continuing. "I'm in love with you, Enzo. For years. I just... never could bring myself to tell you." You add, his face showing nothing but pure shock. "I know you don't feel the same way... I just... had to tell you."