"Do I stand a chance?"

Version 1

"What... What do you mean, (y/n)?" Enzo asks, confusion taking over his features.

"Exactly what I asked." You reply, dryly, feeling completely drained out emotionally. But Enzo keeps looking genuinely confused. "I'm so tired of trying to be enough for you... to be deserving you of you... to make you notice me. So I'm coming clean, because I need to hear it from you so I can come to terms with it and move on." You finally confess, feeling already better to get this off your chest, but already in pain for what's coming.

"I... Uh. You tryin' to say you love me, (Y/N)?" He asks shyly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Yes, Enzo. Do I really need to say it out loud?" You sigh sadly, avoiding his gaze.

"I'd appreciate it. But I can say it first, if you want." He replies and you can hear the smile in his voice.

"Wh- What?" You stutter, refusing to believe he's saying what he's saying.

"Y'know, that I love you. I can say it first." He smiles, getting closer to you. "Oh! I guess I just did." He pretends to be surprise, he's a dork. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you felt that way... and I just didn't want to ruin our friendship, because I was convinced you'd never love a guy like me." He chuckles slightly, then becomes all serious as his hands grab your face and he locks his gaze with yours. "I love you, (Y/N)."

--.--.--.--.

Version 2

"What are you talking about, Enzo?" You ask, not really understanding what he's referring to.

"I'm asking you if I stand a chance." He says, a sad yet hopeful look on his face, but unfortunately, you're still in the dark in this conversation.

"Stand a chance of what?" You're feeling dumb right now, but you're really not following his line of thought.

"With this Certified Girl... with you." He replies, shyly, as he blushes a bit and playing with his hands, nervously.

"You want to be with... me?" You ask, dumbfounded. "Of all the girls, you want me?"

"Yes. I do. For a long time." He says, his breaths getting out slightly worked up. "I'm sorry, I just needed to tell you, I totally-"

"Shut up and kiss me!" You smile widely, blushing as well as you pull him to you, snaking your arms around his neck.

He kisses you softly at first, but then it gets a bit rougher, with you sucking on his bottom lip a couple of times, and his tongue sneaking into your mouth.

"You're a good kisser, babe." He smirks, placing a kiss on your lips, and making you laugh as you use his own words.

"And you can't teach that."