"Remind me to extend your vocabulary later," Kronos mutters.

Poseidon blinks. "What's wrong with it?" he asks. Kronos just shakes his head. "Why is mother angry?"

Kronos nudges Chiron. "This little twat."

"Did he bite her or something?"

"Or something," Kronos sighs. "Stay here, Poseidon."

Poseidon blinks. "What? Father!"

Chiron gibbers nonsense up at Kronos as the Titan carries him through the corridors. There's little worth to having a centaur around, Kronos knows. Little Chiron doesn't help Kronos, having the boy around – if he can even be called that – is an unnecessary annoyance. Philyra has unknowingly thrown him a curveball and he doesn't want to have to deal with it. He wants to cut her head off for ruining his long-thought out plans.

"He's admitted to having plans!" Zeus exclaimed. "I knew it! Some foul plot to-"

"Oh, give it a rest, Zeus," Poseidon grumbled. "We'll find out what he's doing later."

"Father!" Poseidon exclaims, scurrying along behind the Titan Lord.

"Bring your sword, Poseidon," Kronos says. "We will meet outside."

"That can't be good," Jason mused.

Poseidon nods eagerly and runs off.

For a split second, Kronos considers telling Poseidon to go back to his room. But then again, the boy does have a desire to follow him anyway.

If the boy is foolish enough to believe that he can straddle the line, then the answer is simple to Kronos. If he cannot obey orders, there is only one option. Kronos summons his scythe to his side.

It's amusingly easy to locate Philyra.

She sits by the beach, as Nereids are wont to do. The moon reflects off the ocean, shining brightly in a serene image which almost makes Kronos laugh.

The nymph looks up as he approaches. "My Lord," she greets with a coy smile. "What a pleasure."

Kronos tilts his head to the side. "You've caused me a problem lately, niece," he rumbles.

"He's being blunt for once," Hera remarked. "That's probably not a good sign."

She pauses. "My Lord?" Wordlessly, Kronos reveals Chiron, still swaddled in that simple fabric. Philyra shuts her eyes. "Lord Kronos, I am sorry. I can-"

"Sorry," Kronos cuts in with a sneer, "is not good enough. If you desired to be rid of the bastard, disposing of him somewhere we cannot see is prudent."

She stands, brushing sand off her chiton. "I can take him elsewhere, My Lord," she says quietly, paling very slightly. But she knows he's not willing to compromise.

He glowers at her. "No. I may dislike having to provide for a bastard I never wished for, but he may yet prove to be of use. You, however, have displeased me."

Poseidon stiffens. He knows what that means.

"I think everyone knows what that means," Athena said.

Philyra cries out, suddenly dropping to her knees. Poseidon recoils as ichor leaks out of her ears and trickling down from her nose. Kronos' grip tightens on Chiron and she wails in agony. Chiron also starts crying out, terrified at what's occurring before him, even though his little mind can't comprehend it.