Halloween is my least favorite holiday of all. I don't understand the point of it and even though my dad and Reign would force me into a costume every year, I would despise it the entire time. "A costume party?"

"Yes, on the thirty-first. Which is in about two weeks, so mark your calendar."

I was never one for parties back when I was in school, especially themed parties. Reign lived for them, she got a thrill out of dressing up as someone more provocative and older than what she actually was. I can't lie and say I didn't like being talked to and hit on by the older men, but at the end of the day, I just wasn't interested.

"It won't be like Legally Blonde where I'm the only one wearing a costume and other people laugh at me because I look ridiculous?"

He chuckles, "No Alice, why would I do that to you?"

"It's been a fear of mine since I first saw the movie."

"So, will you come or not?"

"I will try my best to be there, Chris, leave me the address and a time."

He tears a note pad from off of my desk and writes the address on it, "If you have any other hot friends don't hesitate to bring them with you."

"Sure thing." I mutter, shaking my head as I laugh at him. He leaves me alone in my office and I sip my coffee that I made in the break room, while attempting to search up Hayden's arrest.

I want some form of information as to why he's back in there. He was supposed to go to work, what happened while he was out? The fact that no one seems to know what happened except the man himself and maybe his lawyer is very frustrating.

I spent all of last night crying because of my confusion, the overwhelmed state that I was in, and the fear that overtook me. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Hayden would ever allow himself to get arrested again. He must have been drunk and done something he shouldn't have. That's the only logical thing I could think of.

He doesn't drink until he's pissed up drunk very often, only when he's feeling overwhelmed with emotions of some sort. I've only seen him that way once while we were together, and that was when Ryder tried to choke him to death. That same night he met my mother after she tried hitting on him and he fucked me while I was asleep until I woke up and told him to stop.

What happened between him and Olivia was sort of the same situation. He drank until his mind, his sense of right and wrong, his perception of good and bad, was clouded. He drank so much that his usual sex crazed mind turned a darker corner and he took advantage of the woman he once called his friend.

Those are the only two instances I can recall when Hayden drank too much and did dumb things. Is that what happened this time? Did he hurt someone while he was drunk?

After finding nothing about Hayden's recent arrest, I give up. I will have no choice but to let my curiosity continue to burn brighter until I can put out the light with some fulfilling answers.

By the time I left the office for the final day of the week, I was anxious to go home and sleep. I didn't get good sleep the night before and most of my day was spent sat in front of a computer, working and worrying, my brain needed to rest. I need to rest.

Wake me up when it's Saturday. That way, I can go to the jail bright and early to meet with Hayden.

Before I can even close my eyes my phone rings, the default ring sounding throughout the quiet room. The fact that it's not a ring tone of any of my contacts tells me it's a random calling me.

I sit up in the bed to answer the unknown number. "It's Alice." I mumble into the phone waiting for a response from the person on the other end.