Chapter One

Scarlett POV

The sunlight poured into the windows of the car. The cab slowed to a stop in front of a rusted gate. Behind the gate was a big castle-like building. The building had a glow around it, a mix between purple and blue. I reached for the door handle and opened the door, grabbing my luggage as I stepped out. Each brick on the ground glowed as I stepped. I turned to see the cab driver staring in horror at me, petrified. I gave a little smile and turned to face the building before me. I could feel how old this building was within me. Each soul that was here flew by me. Not that they were dead, but previous visitors had shown in the humid air. The brick in the pavement matched those on the building. A set of stairs lead up to the main door. Glancing around, many people of all ages were practicing their capabilities. 

"Welcome! And you are?" Someone from behind me called. I turned slowly to face the voice. A younger woman smiled at me. She was shorter than me, had brown hair pulled into a neat bun, but one thing about her stuck out the most. Her eyes were yellow and her pupils were shaped vertically, just like a cats. She stared hard into my eyes.

"I'm Scarlett, it's nice to finally meet you," I gave her a small smile. She held out her hand but looked down and noticed my luggage. Her hand was quickly pulled back, pupils growing bigger. A lady with dirty blonde hair cut into a short bob passed by. The woman who greeted me tapped her and whispered something in a foreign tongue, but I easily picked up on it.

"I need you take this woman's luggage and put it in her room," She spoke in ancient greek to the girl and she nodded. When the girl turned around, I noticed her skin was fairly pale, she had grey eyes and she wore a silk dress that ended right above the knee. Wings shot out from her back as she passed by. "That was Europa, one of our oldest members," 

"Thank for asking her to carry my luggage," I gave another smile, but she didn't return it. She formed an 'o' shape with her mouth and stared hard into my eyes.

"How-how did you understand me? That language hasn't been used a long time!" She raised her voice and some kids stared.

"And so have I," I leaned down a little towards her face. "A very long time,"

+++

"I've already mad an impression," I was laying on my stomach and kicking my feet in the air. The other end of the line crackled with static before his voice came through again.

"You...always make an impression. You are mischievous, cunning, and deceitful. That is who you are," A chuckle came from the other end. The line went static again but then went completely clear.

"Oh Alex, you sure know me. But I know who you are," I smiled even though I knew he couldn't see me. The other end of the line went quiet.

"Who am I?" I could sense the nervous tone in his voice.

"You are very mischievous, but not as much as me. You would like to see your own allies suffer. I'm an uneasy ally, any wrong doing and poof! You are on the wrong side. But I refuse," My voice got quiet and he took this as the opportunity to talk.

"This is true, but you refuse to do what Scarlett?" 

"I refuse to use my powers because I have the power to destroy the world. And I even have a big enough heart to not do that," He hummed and I could tell he was acquiring new information.

"But Madame, you don't have a heart," He spoke softly, making sure he didn't say the wrong thing.

"But you see Alex, I am not a villain, it's you who is and I am just a messenger,"

+++

A/n: this was just a small chapter about what is going to happen. As you can tell, Scarlett is cunning and deceitful, but she has always been on the good side. Alex is someone who isn't and plans to use her. Read more to see what happens next.