Chapter 4: New Love

Zacznij od początku

Back at Karmar-Taj, you and Mordo walk toward the Ancient One, who had her hands behind her back. "How is our new recruit?" Mordo asked her. "We shall see. Any second now." She replied as she watches the empty space in front of you three. You look at her when it dawned on you what she had done. "Oh no, not again." You said, a slight panic in your voice.

This test was always The Ancient One's favorite. After a few moment of nothing, you begin to put on your sling ring and said. "Perhaps I should---" but The Ancient One puts her hand on yours and shakes her head at you as the three of you keep watching.

"Seems like someone has taken a liking to the new recruit." Mordo said. You give him a death glare and was about to reciprocate when suddenly a gateway opens before you.

From it, Stephen Strange emerged, shivering, covered in snow, teeth chattering. He looked up at the Ancient One and you could tell that he was angry at her. He was going to say something when it dawned on him that he did it! He summoned a portal with his hands. He felt hope. You, Mordo and the Ancient One smile at him.

That night, Strange found himself in his room once more. Standing over the washbasin, he slowly cuts away at his shaggy hair, returning it to a respectable length. Then He pulled out an electric razor and shaved his face. His fingers twitched and trembled, but he pressed on and shaped his beard.
After he was done, he looks at himself in the mirror and nods. Proud of his work, he walks back into his room and was about to head to bed when he heard footsteps outside his room.

Curious, he opens his door and looks out and happened to see you walk around the corner. Intrigued, he walks out of his room and begins to follow you out of the temple, towards the training grounds and out towards what looked like a garden section. He noticed that you had two roses in your hand as you walked into the garden section and walked up to two tombstones.

He furrows his brows as he watches you walk up the tombs and placed a rose on each of the two tombs. He starts to walk, slowly, but he steps on a twig, which snaps under his feet. You jump and turn around and see him. "Oh, Stephen you scared me." You said, startled. "I'm sorry, (y/n). I shouldn't have followed you...." Strange said.

"No, it's okay.....I've should've told you about this sooner but...." You said and you bite your lips as you look over the gravestones. "My parents were killed when I was young." You said as you gesture towards the tombs. Strange looks at the tombs then his eyes widen as he begins to understand. "My mother gave me this." You continued as you show him your medallion. "She told me that this would show me where to go. Long story short, I ended up here and The Ancient One took me in and trained me." You said as Strange walks closer to you and he sees a tear running down your cheek.

"I'm so sorry about your parents." He said as he wipes away your tear with his thumb. You close your eyes at the feeling of his touch as he starts to caress your cheek.

You open your eyes and look at him and noticed a difference. You noticed that he had a goatee and his hair was shorter than it was earlier today. "Did you get your haircut and your beard shaved?" You asked. "Yeah, I actually did it myself." He replied with a smile.

"Well, look at you, Mister I-can't-do-anything-with-my-hands." You said, teasing him. He mimics a frown and the both of you begin to laugh. Once the laughter died down, you look him over and said. "It actually suits you, Stephen."

He quirks an eyebrow at you and you smile. "I mean it. No joke." You said.

"Thank you." He said. You smile, again, then did something you've never done before; you walk closer to him and stood on your tip toes and kissed his cheek. Strange was shocked by this as he looks back at you. You nod and begin to walk away as Strange stands there in shock. He finally turns around to see you walk away but not before you look back at him.

You start to laugh and smile as you walk away. Strange laughs as well as he tries to calm his rapidly beating heart. At that moment he realized that he liked you, a lot actually, and he hopes that maybe this relationship you two have might become something more.

Weeks go by as You and Strange become closer. Stephen started to show more improvement in his skills of the mystic arts, even you were impressed and that's saying a lot. One night Stephen, now wearing a red tunic, approaches the library and mets up with Wong.

"Stephen." Wong greets.

"Wong." greeted Stephen.

"What do you want, Strange?" Wong asked him.

"Books on astral projection." replied Stephen.

"You're not ready for that." Wong said, flatly.

"Try me, Beyoncé." Strange retorted. Wong stares at him, stone faced.

"Come on. You've heard of her. She's a huge star, right?" Strange asked, exasperated. Wong gives him a quizzical look but doesn't respond. "Do you ever laugh?" asked Strange.

When Wong doesn't respond, Strange rolled his eyes and said. "Oh come on, just give me the book, huh?" Wong leans in towards him and said, very sternly. "No."

"Hey Stephen. What's wrong?" You asked him as he comes out of the library, annoyed. "Nothing. I was just trying to get some books on astral projection and Wong said no." He replied as he huffs out a breath.

"Oh, Stephen. That's very advanced stuff. You sure you're ready?" You asked.

He nods and asked. "Can you teach me?" You nod then let out a deep sigh. "Ok, I might have an idea on how to get those books. Follow me." You said and the two of you run.

Back at the library later that night, Wong was sitting at his desk reading a book while listening to Single Ladies(Put a Ring on it). What he doesn't know is that a small portal appears on one side of the room and a hand comes through and grabbed a book.

Wong felt like something was off so he looked behind him but the portal was gone. He turns back to his book when another portal appears on the other side and a hand comes out and grabs another book.

Wong look over at that side and sees nothing as a portal appears in front of him and a pair of hands come out and grabs the book he was reading. The portal disappears and Wong looks back his desks and jumps up out of his chair when he sees his book gone.

Back in Strange's room, you and Strange laugh as you train him on Astral Projection. If anyone were to come in to his room they would see you and Strange sleeping next to each other on his bed but really, you and him both astral projected and were reading the books you 'borrowed' from the library.

Once you finished training him, you and him go back into your bodies and wake up to see each other's eyes staring at one another. Both of you begin to smile and laugh for no reason.

After you and him stop laughing, you reach out towards him and place your hand on his cheek and stroke his cheek. He leans into your touch as he moves your bangs out of your face. Suddenly the two of you start leaning towards each other until your lips touched his. Your heart leaps for joy as you and Strange continue to kiss.

Once you two break apart, you two stare at each other for a few more moments until Strange whispers. "Stay with me, please." You look up at him and nod then the two of drift off to sleep in each other's arms.