Rain

The rain was pouring down in LazyTown. It was a nice, cold rain, not too heavy, but still not a drizzle. Robbie loved it. He was perched outside on top of a bench with no extra clothes or umbrella. It was a good day, at least to Robbie. He didn't mind being wet, and the quiet was nice. There was no noise besides the soft, relaxing patter of rain against the concrete. He let out a contented sigh and leaned back, gripping onto the back of the bench tightly. It was practically perfect.

Sportacus sighed loudly. As much as he loved flipping around, there was only so much you could do in an enclosed space, such as his airship, and doing the same thing for hours was boring. He decided he would go shoot basketball, anyways, because the rain didn't look all that bad. He descended his ladder in silence. The rain was cool, but not cold enough for him to need a jacket. He didn't flip. He knew it was unsafe with the ground so wet, and he couldn't risk falling and hurting himself. Instead, he walked slowly to the center of town, where the sport field was. He wasn't completely surprised to see Robbie there, sitting on a bench. He didn't see Sportacus approach due to having his head leaning back so the rain splashed directly onto his face, and he didn't hear his soft footsteps over the rain. Sportacus smiled. It was nice to see him enjoying himself. He placed his basketball at the bottom on the hoop and carefully sat down on the bench, chuckling slightly at Robbie's decision to sit atop the back of the bench instead of on the seat. Robbie was startled, but luckily didn't fall off. Sportacus immediately sprang into apology after apology.

Robbie shook his head. He had been upset for only less than a single second. He wasn't feeling particularly unhappy at the moment, in fact, one could even say he was in a good mood. Sportacus stopped talking when Robbie smiled at him.

"What did I do?" Sportacus asked in disbelief. He had never seen Robbie give such a genuine smile. Sportacus regretted that immensely, because it made Robbie's soft smile turn into a look of confusion.

"Nothing?" He sounded out, mostly to himself. He shrugged and pushed away his curiosity. "If you don't mind, I'm relaxing here." Sportacus laughed. "But Robbie, this is a sports field." He smiled, jumping up and indulging in a single hand spring, grabbing his basketball in the process. Robbie groaned.

"Would you like to play?" He offered, even though he already knew the answer. Somewhere inside of him was a small strand of hope that Robbie would agree to play with him.

"No, thank you," he said, and Sportacus was a bit surprised by the polite sincerity of the statement. "Okay!" He chirped back, hoping that meant that one day he would like to.

Sportacus had been tossing the ball about for almost an hour, and, secretly, Robbie had watched him nearly the whole time. He frowned. Sportacus was something else. He looked down at his sleeve-clad forearms. Something he could never be. He had gotten caught up, and didn't realize when Sportacus stopped for a minute to do some stretches. He didn't notice he had been staring at his arms, deep in thought, for over three minutes. He didn't see that his sudden change in stature had alarmed Sportacus. He only looked up when he heard the elf's footsteps gain heaviness again, but this time instead of moving about the field looking for a good shot, he was jogging towards the other man.

"Is everything okay, Robbie?" Sportacus asked, hoping he wasn't over-stepping his boundaries. He had such a pleasant experience with Robbie that day.

"Uhm," Robbie stuttered. He wondered if Sportacus would believe him if he said nothing was wrong. He then very briefly wondered if Sportacus would ever listen. "Yes, of course, everything's fine." He said, pulling a very fake smile. Sportacus smiled and said "okay", and then went back to shooting the basketball. Robbie put his head in his hands. He decided the rain had gotten to light for his liking, and got up. When he hopped down from the bench, Sportacus turned to him.

"Are you sure you wouldn't like to play a bit?" He offered, holding out the ball. Robbie shook his head. "Not a chance, Sportasport."He muttered and turned away. He frowned, very aware of how hurt Sportacus looked. He sighed. He felt bad. Why? He was the villain, this was his purpose. However, he stopped anyways. He couldn't figure out why in hell he did it but he turned and said "Another time, maybe."