Chapter 20

The barrel radiated with smoke, shaking from the laser that had just been perfectly shot from it. Masked by a once delicate finger, the trigger was now stained with the blood of an innocent girl, the reason a bright glow had now been shattered into pieces of mushed flesh across the stage.

The killer flicked her strawberry blonde hair back, her grin still plastered wide across her face. Kecia's anger was evident, the sight of her aggressively sprinting would've had anyone else gone within seconds. But not her.

"You fucking bitch." Kecia's voice echoed throughout the hallway, everyone shunned into silence and fear. Some had already ran out, others had froze completely.

Dan helplessly tried to stop her, too drunk to even lift himself out of his seat. He couldn't fully understand what was going on, but the gunshot and Kecia's reaction were enough for him to figure it out. Until he started crying, lashing out at the chair he was sat in, eventually breaking one of the arms.

By now, Kecia was just feet away from Lela, her sinister expression still unblemished.

"Britni we need to go." Grabbing a now sobbing Britni, Damiron pulled his sister away from Kecia, directing them towards the door. He used his unoccupied hand to desperately call Braidn, before he felt the phone slip from his hand, shattering against the confetti filled floor.

Lela had finally moved from her position, knocking Kecia out in the process. Now her attention was solely on Damiron and Britni, knowing exactly who they were attempting to call. She couldn't have them foiling her plans, especially not with the help of Braidn.

"Don't hurt them," Elise cried out, positioning herself in front of the weapon. Before taking Elise with her, Lela shot her gaze back towards a broken Nathly and Vykter. Their faces were washed with worry, both of them protecting Dan, but also scared of what was going to happen to Elise.

And now with two of their friends gone, one of them soon to die, and the other their killer, Nathly and Vykter cried.

Lela had quickly transported the two of them to the Yung's house, her gun now slotted into her pocket after tying Elise up. Braidn was next. She knew she'd need two pieces of bait, two that made everyone come to watch her showdown ending.

Upstairs,Braidn had seated himself at his desk, music blasting out of the speaker that decorated the top left corner of said desk. Murmuring along, Braidn continued to scrawl on various different devices, still trying to piece together all the evidence. And yet he couldn't come up up with anything. There was no answer to these killings, no reasoning behind them, and no clear suspect.

But just when he was going to give up, Lela burst through the door, violently knocking the door off of its hinges before zapping Braidn with a blast of smoke that caused him to fall asleep. And Lela knew exactly where she was taking them.

She's seen the area just after the boys arrived, abandoned, crumbling to pieces. On the brink of no return.

It was unusual to see such a building like that in the society they lived in. Everything either looked the exact same, or extremely new. So this out of place structure, hidden away in the middle of the woods, was absolutely perfect.

The woods looked lifeless on this night, the usual bright green of the trees sucked away into the thick darkness of the sky. Rain swelled in the clouds, but Lela reveled in it. It was one of her favourite types of weather.

She knew it was only time before the others arrived. It would take them a little longer to track her down without Braidn, and Matt preoccupied with getting Freya out. But Nathly was a smart girl, she'd get it eventually.