Chapter 4

"So sugar, ready to hold up your end of the bargain" Charlie questioned, after the four of them had done what she had asked.

"Of course, I will not go back on my word. My friends will be arriving at my house soon, so we better get back."

"Hopefully they're more interesting than you." The four boys lightly chuckled at Cody's remark, but the lack of reaction from Lela left them frowning. Anything they said, any words that came out of their mouths were geared towards one thing. Attention. It wasn't something they craved anymore, they'd just gotten so used to making fools of themselves, upholding that confident status, that they never knew when to stop.

Lela pulled out a pen, one of silver tone, with intricate sapphire detailings swirling around the curves. Being similarly sized to her hand, it slotted in just nicely as her hands wrapped around it, her thumb resting on the top button. But before she could press it, the boys had already gone. "Where are you going?"

"We're catching the train." Cody shouted, on behalf of all of them.

"Do you even remember your way back there?"

"Yeah, Matt's got a good memory."

------------------------------

Lela knew it would only be a matter of time before her friends arrived, seconds maybe. She'd brushed the boys off upstairs, warning them to be quiet until she was ready, but she knew it wouldn't last long.

No idea, no plan on how to tell them. Nothing.  An opening of the front door hit her like a thud to the brain, her heart jumping as she realized they were here.

"Lela?" A young girl walked in, her heels echoing against the floor. She looked older than Lela, maybe due to her features being more defined, or her jet black hair that sat just above her shoulders.

"Coming Nathly, who you with?" Lela finally answered, popping herself off the sofa delicately.

"Avry is with me, but Elise and Vykter are on the way. They stopped off at this shop because Vee saw a cute guy." Nathly slid off her leather jacket, dropping it onto the sofa along with her body.

"So what was with the emergency call out?" Avry finally entered.

"Well..." But before Lela could even begin to explain, her voice was cut off by the loud sound of two boys singing, a song in which Lela did not know.

"What is that?" Nathly looked at Lela confused, but did not get a reply, and instead just watched her head sink into her hands.

But Nathly couldn't wait for an explanation, her brain would not let her. She needed to know. Her feet moved quickly, running to the stairs on the other side of the room. Stopping, she found the source of the sound, and messily opened the door in a huff.

"Oh hi, you must be one of Lela's friends." Stretching out his hand, Dan plastered a smile on his face as this new girl walked in, the four of them pausing their vocals.

"And you are?" She accepted his hand, wrapping hers around his. But she did not smile back, feeling he did not deserve it.

"I am Dan, and these are my friends Cody, Charlie and Matt."

"You're a pretty one, aren't you?" Charlie looked up from his hands, seeing Nathly stood there with a blank expression, her face empty.

"Beauty is a matter of opinion," Quickly dismissing him, she turned to Matt, him being the only one that interested her. He radiated confidence, and confidence attracted her. That and his blonde hair. "Why are you in Lela's house?"