Chapter 7

The four of them currently sat in Braidn's brothers car, Matt in the front, while Dan, Cody and Charlie had crammed themselves into the back. Using the excuse that Dan got travel sick was the only thing that stopped the brother from teleporting them there, but he still flew the car, which the boys surprisingly found fascinating.

"So... what's your name?" Matt tried to break the silence, but getting the brother to talk was like trying to get blood out of a stone.

"Damiron." Bluntly answering, Matt took that as his cue to not talk again. Instead they just sat, looking out the window at all the identical houses and the roads intricate shapes. They had given Damiron directions to Nathly's house, but had not mentioned her name.

But when they arrived at the house, the boys didn't expect Damiron to know them.

"Damiron?" Elise questioned as they all sat out on Nathly's porch.

"Who?" Vykter peered round the corner, being the only person inside. His eyes scanned Damiron from top to bottom, raising his eyes in approval, before stepping out of the door way to stand aside Elise.

"Just an old boyfriend of mine, how about no we go inside." Elise forcefully tugged on Vykter and Nathly's arm, Lela,  Avry and Wade already complying with her request.

"Or how about we find out more about this past, I'm sure Vykter would like to know." Cody interfered. He had a tendency to push everyone's buttons, knowing how to manipulate people with his words to get what he wants. The grins he earned from his three friends signaled that they wanted to know as well, keep their minds off of all the death.

Vykter sharply turned, his skin scraping against Elise's nails as she released him from her grip. Isolated, Damiron stood away from everyone else, not wanting to feed their need for drama. But as he went to get back into the car, Vykter called out for him. "Honey, is it true? Did Elise have a little unknown boyfriend?"

"Unknown? She didn't want to introduce me to all of you, due to your eccentric personalities, against my awfully closed off one. Isn't that right El?" Damiron said all of it without a tone of anger or annoyance. It wasn't like he was trying to get at Elise, he was just simply stating the truth. Something the four boys weren't used to.

But Elise stayed quiet, unusual for her, lips tightly pursed together, hands still wrapped around Nathly's arm. With an aggressive sway of her raven hair, Elise gracefully walked inside, leaving the others stunned at this new news.

"Would you like to stay?" Vykter questioned, hoping Damiron would say yes. But he knew the answer would be no, even if his hope filled mind told him other wise.

The others started to file inside, as Damiron's act of ignoring them showed he truly didn't want to stay. The boys and Vykter waved him off, being the only ones left outside, and then continued to head in themselves.

"So what are the plans for tonight?" Cody asked, swinging himself round onto the sofa, stretching his legs across the sleek black leather.

"I suggest we stay in-" Matt started, but was immediately interrupted by an arrogant scoff from Charlie, to which Matt grimaced at, giving him a warning look, hoping it would click as to why he wanted to stay in.

Meanwhile, Dan had joined Cody on the sofa, draping his legs over Cody's in a bent position, delicately playing with his feet.

"If we're staying in, we're getting out the karaoke." Sliding in from the kitchen, Elise quickly exclaimed her wishes. From the excited looks from Vykter, Lela, Wade and Nathly, the boys could tell it was something they did often. Although something suggested Avry wasn't all too keen. Charlie and Matt reluctantly agreed, but Dan and Cody were too busy talking to each other to even notice the others.