“How much longer before I get my coffee?” Landon asks.

“Just a little while longer.” I assure him. “The pots almost full now.”

Once it was full, I poured it into his favorite cup. Making sure that he wasn't looking, I slipped the contents of a benadryl capsule into his coffee. It wasn't decaff coffee, so maybe this will be just enough to lull him to sleep. I stirred the coffee, adding a single packet of sweetener to the mix. Landon didn't like any creamer in his coffee. He said it took away from the taste.

“Here you go.” I said, handing it to him. “Careful, it's hot.”

I made my way back into the kitchen, hoping to dispose of the capsule before he found it.

“Sit with me.” he says, patting his lap.

I kissed him. “I need to go clean up the kitchen.”

“You can do that tomorrow.”

I shook my head. “I have to go into town tomorrow, Landon.”

“I said sit down.” he growls.

“Yes, sir.” I sit down on his lap.

Ordering me turns him on. He likes to pretend that it turns me on as well, when really it disgusts me. I don't want to be controlled like a puppy. I want to be treated like a human being.

Love hasn't been in this relationship for sometime now. At first I had fooled myself by thinking that he was my savior. That he had taken me out of my miserable life. I had moved in with him not even a month after we started dating, just so I could get away from home. Now I know that he is a monster who won't let me go. I have tried and tried to leave him. No matter what I do, I can't get away from him.

“It's empty.” he says, looking down at him cup.

“I'll go fix you another.” I said, hopping up off his lap.

“No, no, I've got it.” he tells me.

Landon makes his way into the kitchen. I hear him set down the cup on the counter, angrily. Since it is his favorite cup, he won't break it. That's the only reason it wasn't thrown at me or against he wall. He had seen the capsule, I knew that without even turning around.

“What the hell did you put in my drink?” he shouts at me.

“Just something to make sure you won't have a hangover.” I told him.

“Then why did you tell me?” he shoves me off the couch. “If it was to help me, why did you just tell me? What are you hiding?”

“Nothing!” I cried out. My head was pounding after hitting it against the coffee table.

“Lying bitch!” he drags me into the bedroom.

When he's angry, I don't get the bed. He thinks I don't deserve the comfort of the bed when I defy him. Instead he will take me on the floor, as hard as he can. Once he has finished with me, I'm shoved into his tiny closet. The door locks, making sure that I won't escape until he lets me out.

I wrap my arms around my naked body, trying my best not to whimper. I know that if I took down one of his shirts or jackets to keep myself warm, that he would only get more pissed off. This was my punishment. To him, I didn't deserve comfort.

I had to get out of here. One of these days, I will get away from him. I will get out from under his thumb. He won't be able to control me. He won't be able to find me this time. Not like he did the last time. I had to think of something. Some way that he won't be able to find me. Some way to stay hidden.

One day he won't be able to find me.