Prologue

"Robin Knight, wedding planner. That has a nice ring to it doesn't it?" 

"If you say so." The Robin replied chuckling with her legs folded over one another and her hands neatly placed upon the blue skirt she was wearing. 

"Now tell me, were you one of those girls who has been planning weddings ever since you were a little girl?" The interviewer asked looking up from her notepad.

"No, o god no," Robin replied laughing tucking a stray piece of brown hair behind her ear. "No, I never even thought about it." 

"So this was completely unplanned?" The interviewer asked, quickly writing something down.  

"Yes. I was one of those people who had no clue what I wanted to do with my life." 

"Really?"

"Yes." 

Robin felt uncomfortable as the bright studio lights shone down on her. Around her were around twenty people, each doing their own thing, but all focused on her and the interviewer beside her. Sure taking such a step in the spotlight wasn't really her thing, but she was flattered when Vogue had asked her for an interview. So now here she sat, across from this smiling tall woman and with all those people watching her.  

"But how did you then get into this world?" The interviewer said, smiling brightly.

"Well, I moved out here study,  law actually. As I said, I didn't know what I wanted to do so when the time came to choose I decided to be a lawyer. It wasn't until I moved out here however that I realized that that just wasn't me. So I took a job at a florist and moved in with a friend. Sometime later that friend, who was a baker was asked to make a wedding cake. Later that week she came to me and told me that the florist for the wedding had cancelled and if I could step in. So I convinced my boss and that was my first wedding."

"But how did you go from florist to wedding planner?"

"To tell you the truth I don't even fully understand that either. All I know is that it started off with just doing the flowers. Then together with my friend, it became cakes and flowers. Slowly but surely it became bigger and bigger until I started as a wedding planner, planning the whole thing."

Robin sighed as she walked up the steps to her apartment. The building had an elevator, but she didn't feel like using it today. By now she had taken her hair out of the bun it had been in for the majority of the day and she'd taken her heels off, holding them in her left hand. In her right, she held the blazer she'd been wearing over her blouse and in the pit of her elbow rested her purse. 

Today had been another long day, starting off with a wedding emergency, then an interview and ended with a quick dinner at the local Chinese place. She felt as if most of her days ended that way. Every day she would either order take out or she would sit and eat at the restaurant. 

As she reached her front door she grabbed the keys from her purse and was about to enter her apartment when she was startled by loud music suddenly turning on in the apartment next to her. 

'Not again' She thought as she shook her head and unlocked the door. Quickly she threw in the things she was holding before taking a quick look at the clock that hung above the sofa. 'Great nearly midnight'.

In general, she was pretty pleased with her apartment. It wasn't too small, nor was it too big. I mean for the amount of time that she spent there it was perfect. Neatly decorated, usually kept very clean and tidy it was what most would call a very nice place. 

There was, however, one drawback... And it came in the form of a poorly groomed, loud, obnoxious, very annoying neighbour. He'd already been living there when she moved in, and he had been a nuisance since day one.  Honestly, she didn't know how he hadn't gotten evicted yet.  

By now she'd taken to calling him the beast, bigfoot, or any other nickname that suited him. For all the time that she'd known him, he'd always resembled a beast more than a man. Both his hair and beard were long and unkempt, not that she had anything against the two, but it was more about the way that he carried himself and the look. Adding to that he appeared to be moody all the time and loud into the deepest hours of the night. 

Just like now...

Robin sighed, taking one last look at his door, contemplating whether she should say something about it or not. After less than a second, however, she decided that he wasn't worth the trouble and went into her apartment closing the door behind her. 

And even with the music blasting as loudly as it did, she was out like a light within a matter of seconds. 

It was 8 a.m. sharp when Sophia walked into the office the following morning. Her short blond hair bobbing up and down ever so slightly as she continued in her brisk pace. 

"Morning!" She beamed as she set down the coffee in front of Robin. For she knew that at 8 a.m. Robin would already be working. 

"Morning," Robin replied, looking up from her computer screen. 

"So how are you today?" Sophia asked sitting down across from her. 

"Could be better, you?" 

"Fine, let me guess the neighbour?" 

"As usual," Robin replied, looking back down at her screen. 

Sophia had been working with Robin for quite a while, in fact, she had been her secretary for the last couple of years. She kept track of all of her appointments and took all of her phone calls. And Robin could not have even wished for a better secretary. 

The two of them talked for a while before Sophia remembered something.

"O before I forget, you have a new appointment. With a new client. I sent you an email." Sophia said standing up. 

"With whom?" Robin asked opening her mail. As the name popped up on the screen she suddenly felt herself go pale. Her mouth nearly fell open as she reread the name over and over again.

"Are you alright?" Sophia asked getting worried. "What's wrong?" 

"That's my brother's name..."