Short Story by cmacki200 - called Trapped

I catch the glimpse of a dropped down and pearly white eye. It shines with an unnatural light, egging me on. I walk forward down a poorly light and desolate corridor. The lights that surround me flicker as I walk by as though not just me but something else is around. It’s not at all like I thought it would be. It’s cheap and lifeless not at all what you expect a show theatre to feel like. The corridor is filled with lots of small objects, if I look really close I can probably see them but I don’t. Again no idea why. I suppose the whole journey is a mystery. I mean I have to admit my location besides it’s a show theatre is a mystery. The way the shadows seem to move like shimmering disco balls and the feeling I get when I catch the end of the corridor and the climax I receive as I see some unknown delight. It’s literally contagious.

Why am I here? Answer: god knows! I awoke in a fairly damp room with deep metal slits for windows and a smell of the living dead for company. Then I tried to get out of the small room but the door was locked. PANIC. I admit to the kind reader I panicked. I raced around the room like some kind of puppy dog throwing myself off the tight corners of the room. I look around the room with a killer intent, actually scrap that…like a detective…other way around. I looked for ANYTHING that could help me get out of the room. There was: a table; really not interesting, simple oak table which was rounded at the sides. It was roughly 30 centimetres by about a metre and on the top of the table was a smoking gun. Yes…you heard right a smoking gun. It was lying right in the middle and it was pointing at the door. Next on the list was two chairs, this is where things start to get a little weird; they were again simple oak chairs and on one of the chairs was a typical hand-made cushion. In my opinion again very typical. HOWEVER the next chair was slightly different. The bottom of the chair was completely fine so…around the bottom of the legs to the start of the cushion was fine; next part was slightly burnt, this was about…the actual part where you sit again no cushion while the other one did. The top was burnt to a crisp AND yes! There is a and. There were massive unnatural gauges right through the top of the chair. On the windows there was blood. A lot of blood. And that’s about it. Detective work over.

So here I am with all this unusual stuff happening to me and then lucky me! I notice…well smell gas! I rapidly turn and out of nowhere gas is pouring into the room. Scared I run towards the door and heave it open. It’s not locked anymore! Weird I know. I then remember at the last moment that I’ve left the door open and the gas is still coming for me so I run and I run then BOOM. A creepy guy appears from around the corner. He’s tall and had shades on, he has really slim brown hair but no face, well he does have a face but his features aren’t clear. It’s strange thought because I know him. I also trust him which turns out to be a big mistake. I smile and raise my hand in welcome for a minute I feel safe I bombard him with questions my first was “Where the heck am i?” he smiles all insolently and I get angry so I swing at him he steps back and fires. Game over.

So that’s how I got to this creepy place with the unnatural eyeball staring straight at me. Then appears the dimly light corridor and I go down it. Objects I ignore them then I reach the second part of the journey. It’s a brightly light room this time. There in the middle is a clear huge container thing. There are lots of buckets all around me and I look to see the light switch and another switch no idea what it does.

A voice rings out loud and clear.

“Hello Chris.” So that’s my name! Wasn’t actually sure. I can’t really remember much. “I’m guessing you’re pretty confused at this particular moment. That’s not much of a surprise” he adds. He’s damn right; a “spooky” toy appeared out of nowhere. It’s about as spooky as a Scooby-Do monster. I kick out viciously and it goes flying into the dimly lit corridor. “That’s not very nice. Okay. You know why you’re here” he stops. “Oh…wait! No you don’t! Let’s just say that you deserve ALL that happens here okay?” Now I’m really scared. That doesn’t sound like something that a normal guy says, more like a psycho manic or a serial killer would say. I’m not really fussed either way as it will usually still up end with me getting chopped to pieces by a grater or something strange like that. He waited quite a while…actually can’t SAY he the voice is monotone meaning it’s distorted. It could be either a woman or a man. Wonder if it’s mum or dad I think then laugh. Then Psycho speaks. “Okay! Any idea what you’ll be facing yet?”