"Priya, what happened to your elbow?? Why is your skin looking red"

Oh God.  What should I tell them now?

"I..I..suddenly the luggage which I packed fell down from bed and I tried to grab it but I couldn't balance and it fell on my elbow"

* I don't know you have this much talent in lying* my brain said.

*hmm I would like to take it as a compliment 🤔* I replied.

"Priya..where are you lost?? And you should be careful while lifting heavy bags right?" Dad said.

My mother in law went to kitchen and brought first aid box and started to apply cooling ointment to the bruise that formed on my elbow.

I tried to take my hand back and said
"Mom that's fine. That's a very small bruise and will heal automatically within a day"

She gave me stop-speaking-and-give-your-hand look. I tried to smile and gave her my elbow for which she continued applying the ointment.

I know my in laws like me a lot and treat me as their daughter only but looks like my angel needs some more time for digesting to the fact.

Then we all heard a knock on the door and Aakash came inside and looked at my hand.

"What happened Priya? Did anyone drag you or what?"

I didn't say anything and my mother in law filled the information. Then he took the ointment applied it. After having dinner,  Aakash & I left for Mumbai airport then my parents and brother went back to hyderabad.

It was my first time in the flight and I was looking everything in awe 😍

"Is this your first flight?" Aakash asked for which I nodded and we both took our seats in flight and fastened our seat belts. Then I felt Aakash holding my right hand tightly by interlocking fingers and then said

"Don't be scared Priya. I am with you. Okay?" I nodded and rested my head on Aakash's shoulder. The take off period of flight was so scary and I held Aakash's hand very tightly.

*I think you will break his fingers😐 * my brain said. So I tried to decrease the pressure but the sound was scaring me a lot and I held more tightly.

Once the flight took off, Aakash turned towards me and said

"Story time..Priya 😃"

Aakash's pov:

I understood how much Priya was scared based on the pressure she applied on my hand while the flight was taking off. After few minutes she relaxed a bit. But how to make her comfortable??

* tell her a story* my brain suggested. I appreciated it as that could be the best option to divert her. So, I turned to wars her and said.

"Story time..Priya😃"

She immediately turned towards me and smiled and I started to tell

"There was a special tree in a forest which has the powers of.." My dialogue was disturbed when a cute little kid who sat next to me tapped my hand. I pinched his cheeks and asked what he wants

"I too want to listen stowy uncle...plse plse.."

I turned towards him and asked
"Oh do you want to listen to story?"

He smiled brightly and clapped his hands. I saw Priya smiling and nudged me to continue the story. After 5 minutes I saw Priya sleeping happily resting her head on my shoulder, I was just watching her calm and silent face but got disturbed when I felt a tap on hand again. I tuned towards the kid and asked

"Yes tell me. Do you want anything?"

He nodded and said
"Why did you stop stowy  uncle? Aunty  already slept right then tell mee"

I nodded and ruffled his hair but he pushed my hand and combed his hair properly and again held my hand. I kissed his hair and continued telling story.

After listening to story kid slept leaning on my right shoulder. I smiled looking at him thinking about how it will feel to have our children and telling stories to them daily. With these thoughts I too drifted off into sleep.

After landing in the Mumbai Airport Priya and we went to our new flat by the airport cab. The moment we entered I saw Priya smiling at me and held my hand.

*she liked it, I think* my brain said and I nodded.

Our flat is medium sized double bed room one; with a balcony connected to hall. It has white marbled flooring and a designed pattern with plaster of Paris as ceiling in all rooms. The walls of the room are blue and white in colour but the kitchen was in yellow colour. But the house isn't furnished at all. I thought may be she will feel uncomfortable, so I asked

"Priya, I have ordered furniture and because of some reasons it's delayed and will arrive tomorrow itseems. Is that ok?"

She smiled and nodded her head and said
"Don't worry Aakash let's adjust☺"

I went outside and brought breakfast and we both had it silently sitting on the floor. But after completing the breakfast Priya suddenly got up and started pacing. I looked at her and asked

"What happened Priya?"

"Aakash, it's been 2 months since we got married"

I nodded and said
"Yeah I remembered"

"Oh then?"

"What happened Priya? What's going on in your brain"

"Aakash you said cute little fights are common between couple right? Then ...then...we haven't fought since we got married..is ..it..okay?"

*this woman is crazy* my brain said and I smiled.

"Aakash stop smiling and tell a solution for this problem"

When I was about to answer she said" I mean..tell a reason so that we can fight."

*oh my god😯.* my brain said and hid inside my head so that it will be safe.

"How about ??..no. noo"

She said and started pacing..

"Wait..this option is good" She said and turned towards me.

"What option is good Priya? " I asked getting confused.

"Fight. ...I mean pillow fight.." She said and went towards one of our bedroom.

*but where are pillows ??* my brain questioned, then she came out of the room disappointingly and said

"There are no pillows to fight Aakash😂😂"

I laughed at my wife's innocence and hugged her tightly😊
--------------------------------------------------
Author's note:

Hi everyone.

I have a good news ..noo it's a very very good news😊to share with you guys. 'Vows from the heart' story has reached #44 position in generalfiction category. I thank everyone for supporting the story. ☺☺😊😊thank you so much guys.

How is today's chapter??? Please comment your opinion in the comment section.

Please vote and share the story if you like it.

By
orange_marigold.