Chapter 15

Jordyn's P.O.V.

It was the smell of bacon that awoke me the next day.

I slowly sat up, my eyes fluttering open. I looked to my left, where Q should have been, but instead, only a dent in the mattress occupied the space. I groaned. I'm not feeling it today. I thought as I threw myself back down. As I stared at Q's spot longer and longer, the more I wanted him. The more I wanted to lay in bed all day and watch movies with him. The more I wanted to press my lips against his. Jesus Jordyn, he's only downstairs. Just call for him. I thought, scolding myself.

"Q!" I said, my voice hoarse. I waited for a moment, staying quiet and staring at the ceiling, waiting for a response.

Nothing.

So I cleared my throat and said it louder.

"Q!"

This time he heard me. I could tell because the clanking of a cooking utensil sounded shortly after. I smiled, happy that he came so quick.

Soon, Q popped his head in the door. "Yes?" I stared at him for a moment, admiring every little detail of his face. "Jordyn?" He asked, stepping further into the room. I pat the spot next to me. "Come here."

Q glanced back out the door, almost like he was hesitant to come back to bed. As he looked back to me he smiled. "Lemme go get your breakfast first okay?" He said as he came to me. I nodded as Q bent down and pressed a soft kiss against my nose. "Be right back." He said shortly after.

A few minutes later, Q arrived with two trays of eggs, bacon, and coffee. I sat up and propped myself up against the head board as Q handed me my breakfast. "Thank you." I said quietly.

He nodded and sat next to me as we both started to devour our food.

After a minute or so of eating, Q cleared his throat, getting my attention. "You're not gonna ask me what the special occasion is?" He asked, taking a sip of his coffee. "Why does breakfast in bed have to be a special occasion?" I replied as I too took a drink of my coffee.

Q smiled, shaking his head. "When else have I ever made you breakfast in bed?"

I chuckled. "What's the occasion then?" I sat down my cup and moved the tray of breakfast off my lap, and onto the night stand beside me. Q did the same then shifted, his body now facing me more. He looked down to my face, studying every inch of it. His eyes wandering all around until they stuck on mine.

"The boys and I, well-" He stopped, his eyes seemingly searching for an answer in my own. "We've decided that we're going to start touring." I looked at him confused. "Okay? I mean, I'm happy for you and all, but why did you make it out to be so scary?" I asked, now thoughtfully trying to understand. I grabbed the plate of eggs from the tray beside me and took a generous bite as Q went on. "Well because I figured you wouldn't be able to get time off, ya know, to come with us."

I stopped eating, putting my fork down. "Y-you want me to come with you?" I asked, a smile forming on my face. Q took my hand in both of his. "Of course I'd want you to come!" Q said like there wasn't even a chance that his answer would be different.

Soon his mood went from happy, to concerned again. "But I know that your boss might not-"

"I'm going." I said, interrupting Q.

He was taken aback. "A-are you s-"

"I'm going."

Q laughed, and pulled me into a hug. "I'm glad you decided to come." He said into my ear. "Me too." I said smiling. Q chuckled and pulled me over to him, making it so I was laying on top of his body. We both broke into fits of laughter as I squirmed to get out of his arms.

Sooner rather than later, I expressed to Q that I just wanted to cuddle and watch movies all, day. So happily, he obliged.

•••

7:00 P.M.

"Look, see those blade things that they're walking by?" I asked Q as we sat watching Maze Runner.

Q shoved his hand into our bucket of popcorn and stuffed it into his mouth. "Yeah." He said, his voice muffled.

"Those aren't even in the book, why in the hell would they just add them in there?" I said as I put both my hands up. Q chuckled. "Jordyn, since when have movies ever followed the book?"

I crossed my arms, a pouted look on my face. "Since never." I replied like a child. Q smiled as he gently grabbed my face and turned it towards him, smiling like an idiot. "What?" I asked before Q pressed his lips against mine. He moved his hands to the back of my neck as I ran my fingers through his shaggy hair, deepening the kiss.

After a good chunk of time we broke apart, both of us breathing heavily.

Q looked down at his wrist as if he had a stop watch on and clicked the side, stopping time. He chuckled.

"That's gotta be a new record."