Chapter 10

Jordyn's P.O.V.

~1 Month After~

He'd never looked as good as he did tonight.

He was dressed in a slick black suit, and his hair was cut shorter than it usually was. Way shorter in fact. But I liked it.

He held a tall glass of white wine, sipping it occasionally and smiling at the man he was talking to.

He looked over to me. I was staring. I quickly looked away as he politely dismissed the gentleman he'd been conversing with.

He made his way over to me, a smirk dancing on his lips. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." I smiled and took the wine from his hand, setting it on a table behind me.

He looked confused, but as I grabbed his hand and led him away from the massive crowd of people, he started to understand.

As we exited the ball room, I led him towards a secluded balcony I'd noticed when I was outside the building.

We went quickly, giggling as we slid around corners, trying to avoid all staff members placed around the building.

Finally we made it to our destination.

Winded and lightly sweating, we leaned against the strong metal railing, admiring the beautiful city lights.

My eyes wandered all around the city, but I felt Q's eyes on me.

My gaze shifted to him. He was so amazing, so handsome. I was so glad he was mine to keep. He took my hands in his, never breaking eye contact. But I realized as we looked into each other's eyes that he had a party to get back to.

So I checked my watch, seeing that it had been 10 minutes we were gone. "Ya know, maybe you should get back, you've got a lot of people wanting to see you." I said as I looked up at him again.

He lightly chuckled as he looked down, shaking his head.

As he lifted his head again his eyes reconnected with mine. "Jordyn please, out of all the people in this city, you're the only one worth my time."

Barley giving him time to finish, I quickly placed my lips on his.

I felt him smile as he moved his hands around the small of my back and I moved mine to his neck. He pushed me closer to him, never taking his lips off mine.

At that moment, I'd been the happiest I'd been in awhile. I didn't want this to ever end.

But unfortunately my alarm clock went off.

I jolt awake, then sit up as I basically punch my alarm clock. I sigh a heavy, depressing sigh as I realize that this is reality, and that was a dream. I groan and throw myself out of bed.

I had to get up and face the world. Today was the first day of my new job as the assistant of an apparent "super big photographer". I didn't believe the woman who told me at first, but after I looked him up and saw some of his work, I couldn't have believed her more.

I make my way to the bathroom and turn on the shower. Once it's warm enough, I strip, then step in and wash up quickly.

When I'm done, I put on some blue, skinny jeans and a white short sleeved shirt, that had the sleeves rolled. I dried and brushed out my hair, then loosely curled it. I put on some light makeup, sprayed myself in perfume, then put on a simple, low-hanging gold necklace with an owl at the bottom.

Finally I was ready.

•••

As I made my way down the hallway and to the elevator, I ran into Q.

"Oh hey Jordyn! We still on for dinner tomorrow?" He asked as he pushed the down button for the elevator. "Duh." I answered sarcastically. He smiled as the doors opened. We both stepped in, standing closer than two strangers would.

On our way down I started thinking. It's been a month, we haven't started dating, we haven't kissed. What's going on here?

I decided as we exited on the lobby floor that the best answer for my question would be communication. But I wasn't going to ask him now, it'd be tomorrow during dinner.

Yeah right now wouldn't be a good option, as we had already said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.