1

I finally put the last box of my items away. Sighing to myself in the process, I threw myself onto my bed and looked at the ceiling. God, I really did not want to move to Seoul! I just wanted to stay peaceful back in Busan.

Before I moved I was living with my grandma and taking care of her because she was very ill and was dying there. Eventually she did, and that's when my parents decided to move to Seoul the week after her funeral.

I cover my face with my hands and rub my eyes. I'm trying to look at the good things and all but where I'm living isn't the greatest. Everyone around me has so much money and is all tough and we got the smallest, cheapest house on the block. Its quite intimidating to be around snobby badasses with no sense in their head but how to be a dick to everyone.

I believe I'll get though it, I'll only be living her for a little under a year, cause I'm 19 and I'm saving money to find my own apartment. I'll probably be moving back down to Busan when I do move, I don't know why but I love it there, it's peaceful and relaxing. Probably because I grew up there and because of my grandma, besides the point.

"Y/N!" my mother yelled from the kitchen. I walked out of my room and only a few feet to the kitchen. Which is easy access for midnight snacks.

She was setting bowls of food at the table and my father was sitting there already. "Thank you." I say appreciating the food I get to eat everyday. My parents work so hard to keep us a nice, 'perfect' family.

That's what my mom wants. A perfect family. Well, the one she wanted isn't going to happen. Her dream was to have 2 older sons and a younger daughter but I'm the only child.

She had 3 miscarriages before I was born. Only one was a boy that she knew of. I'm sure she is disappointed she doesn't have a son but she gives me as much love as a mother could pour out.

My father on the other hand almost divorced her for not being able to carry children and not giving him a son. I was a miracle. He cheated on her multiple times and has 2 sons from another women he never sees. I've never met them but I'm okay with our broken family. My dad came back to my mom Once he found out I was brewing and he hasn't cheated on her since. I am a tiny miracle.

Dinner was silent and I ate so much! Which isn't surprising for me Because I eat more than most guys and I don't gain a single pound. Well, maybe one every once in a while, but rarely.

I stand up and push in my chair. "Thank you mother, this was delicious." I bow to her while taking all the dishes into the kitchen and set them on the counter.

I began to clean them and dry them and put them up. As I was leaving the kitchen my dad stops me. "Y/N, thank you for being such a good daughter. I'm sorry about the grudge I hold for not having a son but I do appreciate everything you do around here." he spoke to me with such sincerity I almost believed him.

I looked away from him. "Its not me you should appreciate, dad." I paused. "While you were out all the time, mother raised me. She is the one you should appreciate." I finished before walking past him and heading back to my room.

I look at my clock and see it's 9:00pm. Ugh, I should probably get sleep tonight. I have work tomorrow and I have to clean up around the house. Well, at least I get paid this week, which is always a good thing. I can buy more delicious food.