Chapter 9

Later that evening, everyone met up in Riley and Maya's apartment where they waited in the living room.

"Okay" Maya said "Riley's gonna be leaving in a few minutes, so just to be clear, does everyone know what we're doing?"

"No" they all said.

"Of course" she sighed "Okay then, so I know a guy who works at the restaurant that agreed to help us crash the date, oh wait a minute, I haven't even asked him yet. Lucas my phone is dead can I borrow your phone?"

"Sure" he said as he handed her his phone "But don't go looking through my photos like you did last time."

"Well I'm sorry that I ran into photos of you shirtless" she said with a bit of sarcasm "I was trying to find that picture you took of me and Riley and those photos just happened to show up."

And with that she started to text her friend as he soon replied.

"Oh great" she smiled "Now he agreed to help us."

"Are you guys sure we should be doing this?" Lucas asked with an unsure look.

"Uh, didn't you agree to help us?"

"Yeah but, I still don't know if this is a good idea."

"Hey, do you want Riley back or not?"

"I do, but I don't think this is a good way to win her back."

"Relax cowboy, I got everything under control."

"I hope you do, because if things don't work out, it's all your fault."

"Whatever" she rolled her eyes.

"Hey even though this seems like a bad idea-" Zay said to Lucas "I'm still gonna do it because I know how much you care about Riley."

"Yeah" Josh agreed "It sucks seeing you guys apart."

"Yeah I mean it's been hard to move on" Lucas said "You know ever since we broke up, I've been on dates with other girls, but those weren't the same when I was with Riley. I've been in love with her ever since she fell onto my lap on the subway."

"Awe" Maya and Smackle said with heartwarming smiles.

"You're welcome" Maya smirked.

"I also thought that she was the one" Lucas added "But now she's never gonna see me that way."

"Awe Huckleberry" Maya said with a little pout "Don't give your hopes up."

"If only she knew how I really felt, but I don't want to risk loosing a friend."

All of a sudden, everyone heard a voice that sounded like it was coming from Lucas's phone that Maya still had in her hand.

"If you're satisfied with your message-" it said "Press 1."

"Oh no" Lucas's eyes widen as he took his phone and couldn't believe his eyes when he saw that it was recording his message to Riley's phone "No no no no no! Maya you must of accidentally dialed Riley when you were texting!"

"That is not possible" Maya doubted "Give me that."

She then took his phone and pressed a button as the phone suddenly said "Message Sent."

"Maya!" Lucas gasped with shock as he grabbed his phone from her.

"Okay I did not want to do that!" Maya said with her eyes widen.

"Oo this isn't good" Zay chuckled.

"Okay let's not panic" Maya said as she calmed down "I'm sure it's fine, maybe she didn't get it."

At that point Riley came out from her room all dressed up for her date.

"Hey Lucas" she said as she held up her phone "Did you just tried to call me?"

"Uh-" he said with his eyes widen as he tried to think of an excused "I don't know, let me see."

He looked at his phone.

"Oh hey I did!" he smiled as he acted surprised "Butt dial. Erase it, my butt probably doesn't have anything to say."

"Uh, okay then" she said with a small laugh as she put her phone into her purse as she set it down on a shelf "I'm gonna go get my jacket and then I'll be off."

As she went back into her room, Josh turned to everyone as he pointed to Riley's purse.

"Her phone" he mouthed as Smackle quickly reached into Riley's purse and pulled out her phone just as Riley came back out.

"Okay" she said as Smackle quickly put the phone into her bra while trying to act calm "I am officially off."

And with that she grabbed her purse.

"Bye" she smiled.

"Bye" everyone waved as she headed out.

"Okay new plan" Maya said "First we delete the message, and then we crash the date."

"Okay here" Smackle reached into her bra and pulled out Riley's phone as she handed it to Lucas

"Uh, thanks" Lucas said a bit grossed out as he took the phone.

"Oh relax" Smackle said "My boobies are clean."

"Let's just delete the message" he said as she looked at Riley's phone "Oh dammit there's a pass code."

"Try 5907" Maya suggested as Lucas typed it in.

"It worked" he said amused.

"Yeah it did" Maya smirked "That's the date Riley and I first met, I told you I'm her best friend."

But at that point Riley suddenly opened the door.

"Oh hey you found my phone" she said in relief "I can't believe I almost forgot it."

"Oh uh-" Maya said as she took the phone from Lucas "No this is my phone, you can tell because I have a-".

She then gave a confused look as she showed everyone the screen saver.

"Purple cat screen saver" she finished with a weird look on her face.

"Maya" Riley said as she held out her hand "My phone please."

Maya gave a fake smile as she handed Riley her phone. But when Riley tried to pull it away, Maya kept a strong grip on it as Riley managed to pull it away.

"Thank you" she smiled as she then headed off.

"Okay new new plan" Maya said "Not only are we gonna crash a date, but we have to delete that message before she reads it. Let's go peeps!"