The X Assasin

Hey There!

This is my first book that I'm really putting on here so if you could just humor me ny reading this it would be greatly appreciated!

Anyways! I hope you like this, i do! and dont worry if you guys really like it I will put in the next chapter. I'm still kind of working on it though so it might take a few days! But give me your opinions! Like? Hate? LOVE? or it need some work! It doesnt matter! I love to hear any of your guys' opinions!

thx!

--------------------------------------------------------

   I flew through the cobblestone streets as I shoved curious shoppers out of the way hearing their angered shouts die away behind me. But the silence didn’t last long, because another angered yelp would come from the same person, but even more enraged.

    I quickly glanced to my side while turning the corner realizing that three gang members were gaining on me. If I didn’t make a plan fast, I would be unconscious and in the back of a certain white vehicle that has been trailing me for days.

    For three years I have been running from my former gang, The Faceless Assassins, in false hopes that they would just give up on me and leave me alone. But I knew that was never going to happen, because I used to be close friends with their reigning group leader, Adam, and he wanted me back. He wanted me back to a point where he has already killed 28 innocent spectators just to get information of my location from them.

    In three years, I have traveled to 78 countries and 49 states. The only reason I haven’t traveled to the last state, Michigan, throughout the three years is that it was my original birthplace. I know that if I ever went back there, they would grab me in a heartbeat and I would be back to where I started.

    I have recently been staying and working in an old bait shop at the seaside, but have already been quickly chased out of that job a half of a mile in three minutes.

7 minutes ago:

    “Make sure you dip them head first or your going to blast ‘yer’ eardrums!” Marie yelled from the next room over. She was the manager and owner of the small shop and she came in today to see how I was handling the shop.

    I sighed at the fact that she didn’t think I could handle myself. I’m doing a perfectly good job of taking care of the shop and would be great at this job if ‘they’ would stop showing up everywhere I go.

    I started to take the first lobster out of the ice-chest when I heard a bloodcurdling shriek from Marie coming out of the next room over.

    Oh no

    I dropped the lobster and dashed out of the room to see Marie grappled to a chest of a burly man with muscles that screamed, try me!, and a thin threatening scar that jutted down the left side of his face.

    One arm stretched across her stomach, and I could see his muscles tighten in a threatening way that shows he knew I was observing him. His other arm was held up to the neck and I could see that he held a razor sharp 8 inch swiss army knife in his hand.

    The army knife only grazed her wrinkled neck, but I know that if I took even one step closer, she would be dead in an instant.

    After I was done observing him, I finally thought on the matter. This is what usually happens. They finally realized that threatening me didn’t do anything to my mindset, so they finally turned to a different strategy. They usually either used people that were close to me as hostages, or took something that was dear to me away.

    I had nothing now. My family had either already died naturally or were murdered ‘mysteriously’. I didn’t buy or use anything that I didn’t need, all I had were my guns and knives, false ID cards, and a wallet full of money that I had stole from ‘them’ three years ago.

    “Huh,” I stated lingering on the matter.

    “What?” He grumbled, his rough voice vibrating in the small room.

    “Oh, nothing,” I stated crossing my arms, “It’s just that he usually sends more than this to do his dirty work.” He just showed me wicked grin that proved me right about my guess that there were two more behind me.

    “I mean three, really?” I proudly watched as his evil grin shoot into a scowl, “He must be loosing members fast. Is he getting desperate?” I asked putting one hand on my hip and leaning my weight over to one side, “A man’s weakness always shows when their either in love or utterly desperate, just remember that boys.”

    “Come with us and the old...” I interrupted in that moment becoming stern and resting my other hand on my opposite hip.

    “Oh, please, save it!” I spat, “I already know you ‘take care’ of anyone I encounter! She probably is already dead from fright or a heart attack anyways!” I shouted referring to the limp fragile body in his arms.

    I held my breath as his arms went limp, letting her tumble to the floor, but I still held my posture not wanting to see my brief grievance over her. She will probably just have a small headache in the morning, and convince herself that this was all just a bad dream.

    I watched, my face exhibiting a bored tone, as he walked slowly, getting closer and closer to me until we were about a foot apart.

    “Now,” He mumbled as i felt something hard jab into my back, recognizing that feeling all too well as a small handgun that could easily be hidden from view, “Are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?”

    When I made sure that he was locking eyes with the guy behind me and not observing what I do, I quickly activated a small blade that shot out of the heel of my shoe. I leaned my weight to my other side making sure I look normal.

    “Depends,” I smiled slightly, “which way is going to be more fun?”

    In a split second, I stomped my heel with the small blade onto the guys foot behind me. Hitting my mark, he dropped his gun and yelped out in pain.

    I quickly swerved around kicking him where it hurts. As he was occupied, I bent down and swiftly grabbed the gun off the floor. I smirked as I had to take it off the child safety lock, and aimed it at the burly guy in front of me. Without a second hesitation, I shot him in the arm, purposefully missing any vital organs, and bolted out the door.

    As I passed the ‘mysterious’ white van that has just ‘coincidently’ ended up where ever I go. I whipped my blade out of the heel of my shoe, and slashed a tire, making sure I made a big enough slice. That will stall them for a while.

Present:

    I should just shot all of them in the head. I thought considering the situation I was in now. Then I wouldn’t have to run like a maniac through the streets of Cairns, creating more attention to myself. I know I was just tricking myself, I could never kill someone who hasn’t done anything wrong. Well, not that I know of.

    As I kept running the the crowds, I saw a large store up ahead and ran through the glass doors. I kept running through the store, looking for an exit. As soon as I found one, I bolted through it and looked for the nearest taxi available.

    Lucky for me, the streets weren’t too busy that day, so it only took around two to three minutes to hitch a ride.

    As I ducked inside the taxi I said, “Nearest airport, and step on it!”