Glossery

Gods of Avi.

Himar- (He marr) god of the wind, sky, and king of the gods. Very prominent to the people of avi. (Basically the Zeus of avi)

Zerrtha- (Zee er the) goddess of the underworld, death, nightmare and fire. Know with the groundlings for her affiliation with the earth and the ashes of her burned sacrifices are used to make the earth fertile.

Tirdall- (Tire doll) God Of The Moon husband to Zerrtha.

Tolous- (too lous) God Of Blacksmiths, forge and engineers ideas and knowledge.

Ahva- (Ah Va) Goddess Of The Sun, fertility, womanhood and marriage. wife to Himar queen of the gods

Wesana- (West anna) Goddess Of Night & Day, plants and protector against famine and guardian of livestock. Farming goddess. daughter of Himar and Ahva wife to Tolous.

Laenar - (lay nar) God Of Sleep brother of Wesana.

Ewna- Goddess Of The Military, victory and battle. sister to Zerrtha wife of Atmir

Atmir- (At-meer) God of War, strength and strategy. Husband to Ewna and brother to Himar.

Seena, Goddess Of Fortune, luck and wealth. Daughter of Ewna and Atmir

Afyja- (Af-ja)Goddess Of Magic, hope, healing, animals, and birth. A virgin goddess of the dawn, twin sister to dinja. Daughter of Wesana.

Dinja- goddess of love, lust, pleasure, male fertility and beauty. Huntress goddess of the stars and dusk. Daughter of Tolous and Wesana.

Alous- god of seasons, harvest, health doctors, messengers, thieves and travelers. A Jack of all trades (think Hermes) son of Ewna and Himar.

Botrix-( Bow-trix), Goddess Of Justice truth, morals, chivalry, peace and virtue. Daughter of Ewna and Atmir

Animals of avi

Most animals are similar to ours, only a handful are different from ours.

Saber tooth Sword wolves (aka sword wolf)- large wolf creatures with saber teeth that are black, jagged and wickedly sharp. They are mostly red meat, and their hides go for a hefty price. Their fangs can be used as swords and their skulls as shields. They live everywhere and their fur ranges from dessert sand color to a dark auburn, a rich brown or black, and in the mountains- white.

Dracon - very large snake like creatures that spit acid that erodes everything except for Dragon flame tempered glass. Their scales are large oval shaped plates and are as hard as a Dragon scale. (Even harder then that) they are used as shields although they are very heavy and as large as a man (5'6"). Dracons are found in the desert caves and are nocturnal creatures.

Cloud cat - small panther like creatures with bat like wings, as tall as a young boy and a large wingspan. They are tamable, rideable and mostly live and hunt in the sky, only landing to rest or when taking care of little ones. They are mostly found in caves and trees with black, white or a tan colored fur.

Shadow hound- resurrected dogs or wolves that fade from moving skeletons with a red painted spell on their skull to shadowy creatures with glowing eyes. They never eat nor sleep. They are only created by a Zerrtha priest/ priestess.

dragons- these aren't big creatures. They are sometimes as big as a house cat or as large as a horse. They are mainly bred for their affinity for shiny things and are used to protect jewel mines, safes, homes and temples from thieves. They are easy to take care of and eat very little. They come in many colors and are quite tame to their masters. They breath fire or ice.

lunar phantom/ nightmare howlers- wolf or fox like creatures that haunt graveyards, battle fields, massacres or places where those who were killed was painful and traumatic. These beasts feast on the lingering effects of the pain and suffering of the land. One can see them from a distance with their emaciated look, red glowing eyes or their white glowing fur.

They look the same, but there's one thing that's different between the two: lunar phantoms are benevolent while nightmare howlers also haunt the wicked who caused others sufferings. Nightmare howlers can be heard by wicked souls who killed the innocent when they howl, for their calls sound like screams of the victims. These particular beasts have callers of thorns, chains, spikes, barbed wire or rope around their neck symbolizing the punishment for wicked souls. If one does enough wicked deeds in their lives, these creatures pull out the soul and drag them to Zerrtha herself for punishment. Lunar phantoms can be seen by everyone, where nightmare howlers can be seen by those who witnessed death.

Terror Crabs - known as Desert Spirits by the avians inhabiting the desert - are huge orange crabs with a white downside and black striped on their back. There are very few of them and no corpses have ever been found. Their pincers are one of the few things capable of breaking through Dracon scales, although it is still far from easy. The desert avians favor these creatures more than they favor the gods, as the gods tend not to bother much about the desert and instead the Desert Spirits protect the desert avians, fighting threats and giving them lighter travel in times of need. A famous story mothers tell their children in the desert tells about an orphan baby raised by a Desert Spirit; although this story is widely accepted as a fairy tale by even the desert avians.

Jeweled steer- these are actually deer like creatures with scales that are the spirits of the mountains. These creatures are very peaceful and if one befriends them it is said they would bond with that person and protect their children and children's children for as long as they live. They hardly ever touch the ground out of fear of disturbing the peace of the blades of grass. They have shrines built in their honor, seen as gods and protectors of the mountain avi people and some of these creatures see these temples as their homes. They came in many sizes and colors. Size depends on age and some are over two thousand years old, perhaps as old as the gods. It is difficult to tell the gender for each one has a stag horn or horns and a jeweled orb floating by magic between their antlers or wrapped in their beards. A favored fable about these creatures is when a young girl obtained a jewel by comforting a dying steer and hatching a pure golden steer that brought her luck and honor to her family. (based on Qilin/Kirin)

Rock bandits- creatures that are small and have gems, ore veins or crystals coming from their short Rocky grey bodies. They are knee high and often bother minors by throwing rocks, causing cave ins and taking the ore or crystals they mined.